Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile Hot International Rates

Options
  • 05-08-2010 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Tesco Mobile have some very good international rates until 31/12/2010,like USA,CHINA landline/mobiles 2cent min,AUSTRALIA landlines 3cent/mobiles 12cent min.
    See Tescombile.ie.
    They will limit your call to 60 mins and then you can simply redial if required.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Jaysus they're mental rates - nice nice work OP !!

http://www.tescomobile.ie/international/index.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

you can call the other side of the world for next to nothing, but call the UK and it's 50 cents a minute.

What a pile of shíté

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Unreal for 10 euro you get 20 credit so you can call canada for 1000 minutes for a tenner. :)

Edit: Credit from double credit offer can not be used for these rates.

plonk wrote: »
    Unreal for 10 euro you get 20 credit so you can call canada for 1000 minutes for a tenner. :)

Edit: Credit from double credit offer can not be used for these rates.

Here's a good question someone asked me - does it cost someone in Canada with a Canadian SIM to receive an international call ?

Sounds weird I know but the US can have charges for receiving calls

So, does anyone know ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

tried to get one of those sims, but firefox went nuts and i decided there were too many exceptions to add to put in my details. anybody had this problem?Also, is this available to pickup in store?

• Advertisement

Spipov wrote: »
    tried to get one of those sims, but firefox went nuts and i decided there were too many exceptions to add to put in my details. anybody had this problem?Also, is this available to pickup in store?

Available in some Tesco stores - buy a ten euro top up, get a free SIM with 50c credit.

Of course you get the free credit from Tesco for the ten euro too.

Slightly OT, for data users, Tesco does not work at EDGE speeds even though you get the E symbol. GPRS only folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ubuntulinux

long_b

Tesco Mobile have full access to O2 Irelands 3G/EDGE network,including speed.:)

long_b

Well according to my speed tests yesterday around Dublin it seems limited to c. 40 kb/s on an Edge connection - I'd be expecting up near the 100 based on what I have seen on Meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

long_b

Is this true? Because this is one of the mainreasons i never took Tesco Mobile. In they web pages it says:

Note: Our Mobile Internet service is provided through the WAP/GPRS network service and is not a high speed broadband service.

http://www.tescomobile.ie/MobileInternet.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

long_b wrote: »
    Here's a good question someone asked me - does it cost someone in Canada with a Canadian SIM to receive an international call ?

Sounds weird I know but the US can have charges for receiving calls

So, does anyone know ?

AFAIK it costs money to recieve any call on a canadian mobile. Well thats what my friend who is there told me. It was cheaper for me to ring him than for him to recieve the call.

He was on pre pay at the time so it might be different on bill pay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Mobiles in US/Canada and some other countries charge users to receive calls because there are no additional charges for calling mobile numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

I just had a look at the website and it's 20cent min to ring mobiles and landlines in Ireland yet 2cent min to ring landlines and mobiles in China.
    Am I missing something here.

Advertisement