Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

electric/ motorised bikes on paths

• 05-08-2010 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

i've noticed an increase in the number of electric or motorised bikes on the clontarf to sutton cycle track.

they fairly pelt along.

any opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I saw one on the N11 whizz by me that I thought was a moped at first. I imagine they might legally have to use them, even though they might prefer to be on the road. There is a speed limit for them, and I expect many have souped up ones, though most I see are auld fellas & auld ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭T-Square

justo wrote: »
    i've noticed an increase in the number of electric or motorised bikes on the clontarf to sutton cycle track.

they fairly pelt along.

any opinions?

sadly it is not illegal

legal for all [walkers] to use cycle paths

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭Al Wright

I cycle at a fairly smart pace myself on a hybrid, estimated on the level at
    0.7 x 22/7 x 4 x 1 (wheel dia x pi x gear ratio x cadence) = 8.8metres/sec max which is about 31kph, and am usually overtaken by other cyclists on road bikes travelling at estimated speeds of say 35kpm.
    The standard electric bike has a limit of 200W and the gearing is such that even with pedal assistance they would hardly be faster than that.
    However the electric moped, for want of a better description, has a higher powered motor and is classified as a vehicle in most countries, I don't know the situation is here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

justo wrote: »

they fairly pelt along.

any opinions?

Draft them..?

Advertisement