Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MASSAGES (where and how much )

Options
  • 05-08-2010 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭

Hi ,
    Looking for a massage in Galway city ,
    My back has been giving me trouble what are the best massages
    Also not sure if dreaming but is there such thing as a massage that crack your bones:eek: ? ( Again dont jump down your keyboard at me ) i seriously think i heard of a massage that does this:p

Cheers
    Peacebrother

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You can find Deep Tissue massage in Radisson.
    I had it done for my back in the Wellness Centre but think they closed a while back. It doesn't crack the joints but can be a bit painful.

http://www.radissonhotelgalway.com/elemis-spa-galway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

cheers biko,
    have it booked for next week
    hopefully it will solve the pain in lower back :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 43 depot

I would try physio, I was in a bad way with my lower back a while ago, tried massage and the likes. After 2 physio sessions in salthill which included traction I was sorted. Thats just my experience for what its worth,

cheers ,

I never thought about physio ,
    Is it expensive per session ? Do they put a lot of pressure on the pain,
    my back feels like i would love a car to run over it , if you know what i mean:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

I had a persistant back problem. I went to Conor Moloney NMT in Cuan Glas two or three times and i was sorted. €50 for an hour/hour and a half. Sorted in no time. Does physio for the Galway Camogie teams i believe. [email].....@gmail.com[/email] is how i got in touch with him (initially seen on a card in the GRC gym).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭gaillimheach

I had a persistant back problem. I went to Conor Moloney NMT in Cuan Glas two or three times and i was sorted. €50 for an hour/hour and a half. Sorted in no time. Does physio for the Galway Camogie teams i believe. .....@gmail.com is how i got in touch with him (initially seen on a card in the GRC gym).

What is crazy is that beauticians with no Leaving Cert and two year's questionable training often charge €75 per hour or more for a massage, whereas a highly trained physiotherapist might only charge €50. I think it's time to boycott the beauticians until they reduce their fees to something more appropriate. Their prices are crazy! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Placebo Effect

Try a cranologist (spelling), based on energy flows, worked wonders for my back..never had a problem since.

biko wrote: »
    You can find Deep Tissue massage in Radisson.
    I had it done for my back in the Wellness Centre but think they closed a while back. It doesn't crack the joints but can be a bit painful.

http://www.radissonhotelgalway.com/elemis-spa-galway

The wellness center was great, very professional and was cheaper than most other places

I go for massages regularly and since the Wellness center closed I've tried umpteen different places. What I've found is that a lot of hotel and beautican massages are generally versions of swedish massage whereas I prefer deep tissue.

The only place I've gone back to repeatedly over the last 6 months is the Massage Center across from Tigh Neachtains. Pretty decent deep tissue. They do 90 mins for 90 eur.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 depot

i went to the baily point physio in salthill, and 2 visits sorted it. think it cost 50 euro. My back felt like it needed to be pulled really tight to relieve the pain. The traction worked, i couldnt believe how qiuck it helped. It was alittle uncomfortable but the results were excellent.

I have seen that massage when they walk on your back, just in movies/TV mind. Is that any good? Available locally?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

you get a great deep tissue from Dawn Castle: www.massagetherapygalway.com

Ya Biko spot on,

Thats what im looking for where they walk on your back ?
    Anybody know where they do this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Thailand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭telepylus

yeh I got the walky back massage in Thailand, not that it's much help. I would say if there is a Thai massage parlour in Galway they would do it, I am nearly sure I seen one but can't recall the location. I agree with a lot of earlier posts, most 'massage therapists' in Ireland are useless. Good to know the radisson does deep tissue massage, might try that out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Has anyone had a massage in Redcats?

Saw a sign in the window advertising massage for €25?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Dubhghaillix

I didn't like the Radisson; it really feels like they rush the job and get you out as quick as possible. I found the Absolute spa to be a great place for it, they take their time and work out the knots better than the Radisson crowd. There's a woman on Flood St. who does a good deep tissue massage and it's not too pricey (±€50). Bailey point physio are decent as well. The best I've been too is a woman out in Cnoc an Óir (Anne something) but she was also about €70 a go; really relaxing and worked out the knots thoroughly.

Anyone heard about Sr Angela?

Anyone heard about Sr Angela?

Yeah, my dad and aunt both go to her; from what I hear she's very good, but you get a bit of a sermon during the session.

Yeah, my dad and aunt both go to her; from what I hear she's very good, but you get a bit of a sermon during the session.
    Aye, family go to her. wouldn't want to get mounted by a nun myself.

Aye, family go to her. wouldn't want to get mounted by a nun myself.

Hmm, I'd do it. I expect that a nun would be remorseless and brutal masseuse; exactly what I need to work out the knots in my shoulders. Even more so if I tell her I'm not Catholic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭antonf

The wellness center was great, very professional and was cheaper than most other places

I go for massages regularly and since the Wellness center closed I've tried umpteen different places. What I've found is that a lot of hotel and beautican massages are generally versions of swedish massage whereas I prefer deep tissue.

The only place I've gone back to repeatedly over the last 6 months is the Massage Center across from Tigh Neachtains. Pretty decent deep tissue. They do 90 mins for 90 eur.

Alma from the Wellness Centre practices in the Spirit Centre, Nun's Island. I have her mobile number if anyone wants it. Will pm it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭dcukhunter

I used to have a lot of back trouble for about 10 odd years. I had 2-3 sessions with Lloyd 3 years ago and haven't had any trouble with it since. I can't remember the name of it but it was some form of Japanese massage. He used to have a place at the top of prospect hill not sure if he is still there though. If you want his number pm me and i'll send it on to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

The best I've been too is a woman out in Cnoc an Óir (Anne something) but she was also about €70 a go; really relaxing and worked out the knots thoroughly.

Ann McDonagh. She's been doing it for over 30 years, since well before Spas were dreamed up for Ireland within the last few years. She'll only take people by personal introduction though, so you'll need to know someone that goes to her already.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Dr. Greenthumb

Sinead Godwin in Salthill, she has a place beside the butchers down the road from PJ's pub. Gone a good few times and thought she was very good. 50 yoyo's if i remeber correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Dave Joyce

We have Ian Egan work out of our gym by appointment and he charges €50per hour. Ian is a competitive runner and knows his stuff and works with a lot of the athlete's in Galway. He has also worked with the Galway football and camogie teams as well as Galway United and countless members of my club who need regular attention:)......preventitive of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭the_galway_fry

i need regular sessions on an ongoing basis due to severe pain in shoulders,neck and lower back.
    i fully appreciate qualified physios etc charging 50€ but i simply cannot afford this every single week.
    does anyone know any who do discounted rates for a large number of sessions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Dave Joyce

Perhaps if you talk to Ian, he can work something out with you if you need to see someone that often. If you would like his number, just PM me and I'll pass it on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 a.nidhomhnaill1

just wondering where to get a good massage, not too pricey though??? need one afterthe picnic??!! :)

a.nidhomhnaill1 I merged your thread with the last one.
    Some good suggestion above.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 jewel1981

I did the radisson half marthon in galway on the 29th August last. I did not stretch properly after the run and I felt crippled in the legs the following day. Just to let ye all know, I got great relief in a sports massage at the amber healing centre in kilcolgan. This loosened up the back and front of my legs. Pm if you want me to pass on this recommendation for the sports injuries centre in galway.

Advertisement