Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smilies/emoticons

• 05-08-2010 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭

On Facebook chat box the smilies/emoticons won't show up, regardless of what browser I use.

I use FireFox and Flock.

And in Netscape the Facebook chat box won't show up at all :(

Does anyone have any idea why they won't show up? And if there's a way to get the FB CB to show up in Netscape?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Dorsanty

On Facebook chat box the smilies/emoticons won't show up, regardless of what browser I use.

I use FireFox and Flock.

And in Netscape the Facebook chat box won't show up at all :(

Okay first of all Flock is based off of Firefox and it's rendering engine Gecko. Gecko was created by Netscape originally under their open source project called 'Mozilla'. So when you say 'regardless of what browser I use' you are actually trying the same technology in all three.

Try Chrome or Opera to actually try a different browser.

As for the actual issue I don't use FB chat at all myself so can't comment on it's working in Firefox/Gecko or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Dorsanty wrote: »
    Okay first of all Flock is based off of Firefox and it's rendering engine Gecko. Gecko was created by Netscape originally under their open source project called 'Mozilla'. So when you say 'regardless of what browser I use' you are actually trying the same technology in all three.

Try Chrome or Opera to actually try a different browser.

As for the actual issue I don't use FB chat at all myself so can't comment on it's working in Firefox/Gecko or not
    Thank you.

I downloaded Google Chrome and tried it and it's working perfectly, the similes/emoticons are showing up now.

I downloaded Opera, but it won't install/work on this computer, I don't know why.

Advertisement