Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

the louder the better

• 05-08-2010 9:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭

newbie here
    want the loudest most best auto rifle and hand gun there is on the Irish market,
    anyone what to suggest to me, money no option, want to get fully kitted out
    also where can i join i join a good friendly team, im in Dublin 8

thanks for the help lads and ladies ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

What you're looking for is an M60 & Desert Eagle combo for the biggest baddest look - although it is highly impractical unless you're Rambo.

In all sincerity, what type of guns do you like? Your best bet is to pick up something you like the look of, rather than based on noise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

mockler007 wrote: »
    newbie here
    want the loudest most best auto rifle and hand gun there is on the Irish market,

Buy a cheap rifle and pistol first, you'll probably break them..better €150 gone than €500 and also a dear gun doesn't make you good, wait till you decide you like the game before you shell out big money.

Also there is no need to join a team you can just go along and play at a site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

Look and feel. I love the look of bassically all MP5's, but they are just to small to feel right in the arms.

Also, loudest may seem intimidating on paper, but in reality, at a skirmish everyone will know where you are, and will fire at you accordingly. In airsoft, it's better to be stealthy

(And, after a day of lugging around an M60 and a Deagle, you would quite simply be dead)

EDIT - you can lok for a team on the Teams thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mockler007

well lads i like the look of m4s and d-eagles,
    bad ass,
    some auto guns sound like a Toyota hilux run flat hehe
    i know i would like the sport as i use to go hunting with my uncle,
    and have gone paintball a few times, but id rather tact sim rather than point and shoot at anything,
    i would be into honest play, not this you didn't shoot me thing i read on here, it sound like as a child playing cops and robbers,
    i do a lot of mountain biking/downhill, so i bought a quite an expensive bike, and i am good at it, quite good in fact.
    id rather buy something that i love rather than knowing i will have to upgrade,
    i set my mind to something i don't change it

well lads i like the look of m4s and d-eagles,
    bad ass,
    some auto guns sound like a Toyota hilux run flat hehe
    i know i would like the sport as i use to go hunting with my uncle,
    and have gone paintball a few times, but id rather tact sim rather than point and shoot at anything,
    i would be into honest play, not this you didn't shoot me thing i read on here, it sound like as a child playing cops and robbers,
    i do a lot of mountain biking/downhill, so i bought a quite an expensive bike, and i am good at it, quite good in fact.
    id rather buy something that i love rather than knowing i will have to upgrade,
    i set my mind to something i don't change it

Then buy an M4 and a desert eagle..it's all about what YOU want in the gun, go to a shop, view the guns and choose one that's right for you. A brand like G&G/VFC etc will see you right if you want high end but Jing Gong would be another cheaper alternative and the guns are still great quality.

• Advertisement

Blay wrote: »
    Then buy an M4 and a desert eagle..it's all about what YOU want in the gun, go to a shop, view the guns and choose one that's right for you. A brand like G&G/VFC etc will see you right if you want high end but Jing Gong would be another cheaper alternative and the guns are still great quality.

well thats what im looking at, excellent quality .
    gas is best yeh ?
    like would you all go for that or other methods ?
    as for special mods would you recommend a good shop, id rather have a boardie tell me over anything,
    im not a newb on the cycling forum,
    now i know how the newbs feel lol
    savage for the feedback

well thats what im looking at, excellent quality .
    gas is best yeh ?
    like would you all go for that or other methods ?
    as for special mods would you recommend a good shop, id rather have a boardie tell me over anything,
    im not a newb on the cycling forum,
    now i know how the newbs feel lol
    savage for the feedback

You're better off going for an electric rifle as your first gun, more straightforward and more reliable and get a gas/co2 pistol if you want one.

Well for a shop it depends where you are..there's a good few around Dublin- Eirsoft, HobbyAirsoft etc, then there's Seairsoft in Wexford and various other ones across the country. Some of them do repairs/ upgrades etc for ya too.

Check out the retailers sub forum and find one close to ya:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

M16A4 Grenadier. Big, nasty, ugly intimidating looking rifle. Not the loudest, but then you can only expect a certain amount of volume from an electric rifle. That said, the grenade launcher underneath will more than make up for that shortfall if you suddenly feel the need to "go loud".
    Alternatively, SCAR-L with EGLM, L85A2 with UGX, G36 with AG36, AK74 with GP-30 etc.

Basically, all of the above are good, solid, reliable assault rifles with easily available parts and accessories, and they all have dirty big grenade launchers available. If money's no object, and you want loud and intimidating to go with reliable and useful, that's your best option.

As for pistols, Desert Eagles would be the biggest, but not the loudest. The KJW CO2 1911 is probably the loudest I've heard. Very snappy sound to it thanks to the CO2 and the strong recoil. Great performer too, in any weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

If you want to know your nearest shop and site, have a look at IrishAirsoftSites.com

NakedDex wrote: »
    M16A4 Grenadier. Big, nasty, ugly intimidating looking rifle. Not the loudest, but then you can only expect a certain amount of volume from an electric rifle. That said, the grenade launcher underneath will more than make up for that shortfall if you suddenly feel the need to "go loud".
    Alternatively, SCAR-L with EGLM, L85A2 with UGX, G36 with AG36, AK74 with GP-30 etc.

Basically, all of the above are good, solid, reliable assault rifles with easily available parts and accessories, and they all have dirty big grenade launchers available. If money's no object, and you want loud and intimidating to go with reliable and useful, that's your best option.

As for pistols, Desert Eagles would be the biggest, but not the loudest. The KJW CO2 1911 is probably the loudest I've heard. Very snappy sound to it thanks to the CO2 and the strong recoil. Great performer too, in any weather.

yeh i liked the look of the KJW CO2 1911,
    this is very informative for me lads, first hand info you just cant beat,
    how do i join a team,? do i look for recruitment on this forum, and do teams really want noobies?

• Advertisement

You don't have to join a team. Personally, I'd recommend going out and playing a few games on your own first, get the feel of it. After that, a team may approach you at some stage. If not, and you still want to join, there's a recruitment thread stickied to the top of the forum page.

thanks lads,
    anymore info anyone else has i will take on-board.
    yeh a team would be good, can't beat male bonding lol
    in a slagging and having a laugh kinda way
    i have a grand put a side for this hobby, as its only a fraction to what i spend on mtb
    and im far from a jock with too much money than sense,
    just don't go to the pub as much haha

thanks lads,
    anymore info anyone else has i will take on-board.
    yeh a team would be good, can't beat male bonding lol
    in a slagging and having a laugh kinda way
    i have a grand put a side for this hobby, as its only a fraction to what i spend on mtb
    and im far from a jock with too much money than sense,
    just don't go to the pub as much haha

The only essentials you'll need are eyewear and boots, don't skimp on them.

Get a good pair of goggles/glasses and a facemask/lower mesh guard to protect the face and teeth. When buying the boots, you'll be better off going into a shop and trying them on for comfort:)

My advice is give me the grand and I'll sort the rest out...

Seriously though, that's beyond enough. The temptation is to go headlong into it and buy everything. It's not necessary. Get a gun you like. Don't just go for the one you like the look of, try it out first. I often find that customers don't realise what the dimensions are until they hold it. I've often had people saying "I want the gun from <insert movie name here>!", only to find it uncomfortable for them and instantly go off it.

Watch some movies and check out some sites. Get an idea of what you want, then see if any stores carry one, even a display one, to get a feel of. M16/M4's aren't always the most comfortable, but they're ridiculously customisable, so you can make them comfortable. Bullpups suit some people, but not others. Long rifles like M14's might take preference over carbines, or vice versa. You don't really get an idea of any of this until you're holding the items.
    Get to a few shops, maybe visit a skirmish as a rental and check out what people are using. People are generally pretty friendly and will be more than willing to let you look at their hardware if you ask.

Set aside a bit of that money for some decent eye protection and some good quality BDU's. You don't have to go with a camo pattern of any specific type, but be sure to get something that'll be hard wearing, none of the cheapo crap that'll split the first time you hit the deck.

Oh, and remember, big-and-nasty sounds great in theory, but remember, you have to lug big-and-nasty around a field for 4-8 hours. There's something to be said for light and nimble when you can cut a 9kg gun down to 3kg and still be as effective.

My advice is give me the grand and I'll sort the rest out...

Seriously though, that's beyond enough. The temptation is to go headlong into it and buy everything. It's not necessary. Get a gun you like. Don't just go for the one you like the look of, try it out first. I often find that customers don't realise what the dimensions are until they hold it. I've often had people saying "I want the gun from <insert movie name here>!", only to find it uncomfortable for them and instantly go off it.

Watch some movies and check out some sites. Get an idea of what you want, then see if any stores carry one, even a display one, to get a feel of. M16/M4's aren't always the most comfortable, but they're ridiculously customisable, so you can make them comfortable. Bullpups suit some people, but not others. Long rifles like M14's might take preference over carbines, or vice versa. You don't really get an idea of any of this until you're holding the items.
    Get to a few shops, maybe visit a skirmish as a rental and check out what people are using. People are generally pretty friendly and will be more than willing to let you look at their hardware if you ask.

Set aside a bit of that money for some decent eye protection and some good quality BDU's. You don't have to go with a camo pattern of any specific type, but be sure to get something that'll be hard wearing, none of the cheapo crap that'll split the first time you hit the deck.

Oh, and remember, big-and-nasty sounds great in theory, but remember, you have to lug big-and-nasty around a field for 4-8 hours. There's something to be said for light and nimble when you can cut a 9kg gun down to 3kg and still be as effective.

well well, post of the day or what,
    well the grand is for top quality stuff,
    ie clothing , pistol, assault, you name it.
    i want something heavy, for reasons of reality,
    lets not totally pretend.
    you mention you work somewhere can i come in nd have a chat with you and see whats good, for me, ive been watching a load of vids on the sport and think its a1 sharon

First thing you do is go and get a proper pair of boots. Anything with good ankle support will do. I usually wear Magnums myself, but I've found Oakley and Mendl boots to also be excellent (the Mendls are a bit too pricey to be smegging around in airsoft with, so I keep them for other things).
    Next is eye protection. If you wear glasses but not contacts, you're stuck with goggles I'm afraid. If you're one of the lucky sods who has 20/20 vision, the world is your oyster. Guarder C4 glasses have a great rep, and deservedly so. If goggles are your thing, you can still go that route, with plenty of choice available. Don't skimp, you've got one pair of eyes...

After you've done those, worry about your gun and clothing.

Regarding the weight being realistic, you'll often find guns aren't as heavy in the real world as you may think. The airsoft version of the Steyr AUG A1, for example, is only 100g shy of the weight of the real-steel equivalent, and yet people regularly coo at how light it is.
    I've seen all too many wannabe Rambos come in and pick up M249's as their first gun, talking big about how they're going to "pwn everyone" and the like. This idea usually leaves their head half an hour into the game when they're trying to keep up with lads who are sprinting all over the place, while they're bogged down with 6kg of bulky gun and a baby-rattle ammo box.

It's all about comfort. This is something you're going to have to carry, and use, for extended periods of time. Regardless of whether you're Arnie or not, you'll soon value a gun being lighter. It's not just the guns weight you need to account for, there's also the magazines, the ammo they contain, the vest that's carrying them, the pistol, the spare pistol mag and all the other sundries you've crammed into your pouches.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭PEP_C

newbie here

Not available in Ireland, but can be imported, for the biggest, loudest, bad ass fully automatic airsoft rifle......M134 minigun. They will definitely hear you....probably in the next parish. Only costs about $4000.

First thing you do is go and get a proper pair of boots. Anything with good ankle support will do. I usually wear Magnums myself, but I've found Oakley and Mendl boots to also be excellent (the Mendls are a bit too pricey to be smegging around in airsoft with, so I keep them for other things).
    Next is eye protection. If you wear glasses but not contacts, you're stuck with goggles I'm afraid. If you're one of the lucky sods who has 20/20 vision, the world is your oyster. Guarder C4 glasses have a great rep, and deservedly so. If goggles are your thing, you can still go that route, with plenty of choice available. Don't skimp, you've got one pair of eyes...

After you've done those, worry about your gun and clothing.

Regarding the weight being realistic, you'll often find guns aren't as heavy in the real world as you may think. The airsoft version of the Steyr AUG A1, for example, is only 100g shy of the weight of the real-steel equivalent, and yet people regularly coo at how light it is.
    I've seen all too many wannabe Rambos come in and pick up M249's as their first gun, talking big about how they're going to "pwn everyone" and the like. This idea usually leaves their head half an hour into the game when they're trying to keep up with lads who are sprinting all over the place, while they're bogged down with 6kg of bulky gun and a baby-rattle ammo box.

It's all about comfort. This is something you're going to have to carry, and use, for extended periods of time. Regardless of whether you're Arnie or not, you'll soon value a gun being lighter. It's not just the guns weight you need to account for, there's also the magazines, the ammo they contain, the vest that's carrying them, the pistol, the spare pistol mag and all the other sundries you've crammed into your pouches.

point taken, and a very good point at that,
    im not all talk and will not come on here and say im rambo,
    i can do that on the cycling forum, but not here,
    what would you suggest man for an auto?
    i have accounted for weight of everything, alot of ww1 and ww1 vets in my house, all dead now
    im big into tact, into using ear pieces call signs the works,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

point taken, and a very good point at that,
    im not all talk and will not come on here and say im rambo,
    i can do that on the cycling forum, but not here,
    what would you suggest man for an auto?
    i have accounted for weight of everything, alot of ww1 and ww1 vets in my house, all dead now
    im big into tact, into using ear pieces call signs the works,

go out and rent a couple of times, have a look at what other people are using, most airsofters are always more than welcome to show off there toys, this way it is very easy to filter out what you do and do not like in terms of looks/weight/feel

it manly comes down to is your looking for practicality or impression, am i choosing a practical replica because it fits with the impression im trying to but together or am i choosing a replica based on practicality e.g small and light weight

Start with an assault rifle and work from there. You can always get something bigger or smaller later, but an assault rifle will do you for most situations. A bullpup will give you the most accuracy for the smallest overall length, but some people prefer a long rifle to begin with.

As I said, get into a store or down to a skirmish. Get a feel of the types available, from the plain M4's and AK's to the more exotic things like F2000's and FAL's. Have a look on the bigger online shops like eHobby to get an idea how how expansive the range can be.

Oh, and to answer the question in a previous post (not intended to be unfairly promoting, mods), I work in Eirsoft. We've seen countless new starters coming in and going all doe-eyed when they see what kind of things are available. If you're willing to spend as much as that starting off, I recommend doing some serious research, and a bit of testing, before splashing out. A bit of touchy-feely makes all the difference when chosing something as personal as a gun. I'm usually pretty good at matching a gun to a person at this stage, so if you're in with us, and you see me, let me know and we'll figure out a few options.

• Advertisement

Start with an assault rifle and work from there. You can always get something bigger or smaller later, but an assault rifle will do you for most situations. A bullpup will give you the most accuracy for the smallest overall length, but some people prefer a long rifle to begin with.

As I said, get into a store or down to a skirmish. Get a feel of the types available, from the plain M4's and AK's to the more exotic things like F2000's and FAL's. Have a look on the bigger online shops like eHobby to get an idea how how expansive the range can be.

Oh, and to answer the question in a previous post (not intended to be unfairly promoting, mods), I work in Eirsoft. We've seen countless new starters coming in and going all doe-eyed when they see what kind of things are available. If you're willing to spend as much as that starting off, I recommend doing some serious research, and a bit of testing, before splashing out. A bit of touchy-feely makes all the difference when chosing something as personal as a gun. I'm usually pretty good at matching a gun to a person at this stage, so if you're in with us, and you see me, let me know and we'll figure out a few options.

well dex, thanks for saying where you are working, id rather go and have a chat, see my options, and see what suits,
    im doing a lot of research and armed with this info id like to push things forward, pm me your shops details and i will drop in to talk too you in perso, i hope you get commish lol

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Lordhogo

well dex, thanks for saying where you are working, id rather go and have a chat, see my options, and see what suits,
    im doing a lot of research and armed with this info id like to push things forward, pm me your shops details and i will drop in to talk too you in perso, i hope you get commish lol

That reasearch is very important I have found as the first time I went to buy an airsoft I just went into the shop without a clue of what I wanted and knowing nothing about the makes which meant my first airsoft wasent the actual type I really wanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

the spare pistol mag and all the other sundries you've crammed into your pouches.

A half bag of fun-size twix's really start to drag after 2 hours.

A half bag of fun-size twix's really start to drag after 2 hours.

in you bag or in your tummy??;)

Advertisement