Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Driving test questions

• 05-08-2010 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Anyone got a long list of questions that examiners ask before and during the test. I've got the ones off drivingtesttips.ie and am also in the process of reading the rules of the road. I understand most ADI's give out sample questions so am wondering if anybody has them lying around that they could pm me as i havn't had a lesson yet...

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

If you practice your theory test Cd a few times (as silly as it sounds) you should be prepared for nearly any question.

Know when can you overtake on the left, when can you enter a yellow box junction, what does a continuous white line mean, and the signs for clearway and pedestrian zone - they are very commonly asked!

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Sir Vival

If you practice your theory test Cd a few times (as silly as it sounds) you should be prepared for nearly any question.

Know when can you overtake on the left, when can you enter a yellow box junction, what does a continuous white line mean, and the signs for clearway and pedestrian zone - they are very commonly asked!

Thanks for the reply, most of them questions are answered on drivingtesttips.ie. I'm probably just over-thinking the whole thing when it's not exactly that difficult. Just want to make sure all of the things in my control before the actual driving begins in the test go 100% like questions, tech checks, hand signals etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

When I was doing the test second time round (Tuam), there were a few road works taking place in town, some you have to drive through to get into town. For my test nearly all of the signs and questions were based on that, Who can control traffic (Flagsman, aswell as Guard, farmers moving cattle and lollipop ladies) and such.

As Timbuk2 said just go over the Theory Test CD a few times and refer to the Rules of the Road book if you're unsure of certain areas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

The ones at drivingtesttips.ie are all you need to know pretty much. You won't really get asked anything else...
    Unless you get unlucky.

The favorite ones (saying cuz I got asked this on two occasions) are when can you overtake on the left?, What does the yellow box mean?, what does the continuous white line mean?.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

The favorite ones (saying cuz I got asked this on two occasions) are when can you overtake on the left?, What does the yellow box mean?, what does the continuous white line mean?.

I got asked those exact questions, both times I did my test, with two different testers! I think I got nearly the same roadsigns as well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

I got asked those exact questions, both times I did my test, with two different testers! I think I got nearly the same roadsigns as well!

I got asked the pedestrianised street sign all 3 occasions. The keep left/right sign twice aswell. Contraflow bus lane sign twice. The traffic cross over and the road divides sign as well.

I can say its a sure bet they'll ask the pedestrianised street sign. They just seem to love it and its one sign that will catch you out if you don't know what it is as its just a plain white circle with a red border or a red circle on a white background however you like to call it, so you can't really just guess it.

I got asked the pedestrianised street sign all 3 occasions. The keep left/right sign twice aswell. Contraflow bus lane sign twice. The traffic cross over and the road divides sign as well.

I can say its a sure bet they'll ask the pedestrianised street sign. They just seem to love it and its one sign that will catch you out if you don't know what it is as its just a plain white circle with a red border or a red circle on a white background however you like to call it, so you can't really just guess it.

Agreed - and I also got the clearway sign both times as well. It is one you wouldn't be able to guess (a white sign, red border, with a red x through it).

The other signs that I got were straightforward enough - as far as I can remember, it was motorway ends, crossover to the left and a flagsman (a man holding a flag, how could you go wrong!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

Another couple they like - when should you sound your horn and when not, and when would you drive on fulls/dim your lights.

Reloc8 wrote: »
    Another couple they like - when should you sound your horn and when not, and when would you drive on fulls/dim your lights.

I hate those types of questions. You know the answers to them, as it's quite common sense, but it's very hard to put all the possibilities into words.

Advertisement