Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm doing the Couch to 5k

Options
  • 05-08-2010 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭

Well it's now or never.

36 years old, 18.5 stone, 6'2" and broad, and now two more dependants.

Just did Week 1 Run 2.

Calves screamed in first two reps (60 seconds of jogging - sheesh!) but felt I could run longer in the last two.

You accomplished runners may scoff, but the achievability and balance of this program seems like it suits my level.

Really really looking forward to being able to actually run/jog the promenade some time before Christmas!

But for the moment... Week 1 Run 3 on Saturday. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Welcome to the logs! Couch to 5k is a great way to get started with running, it will ease you into it in a gradual way and it really does work. No scoffing here, it's great to see some new faces. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

Best of luck with the training plan and the log.
    I started with a walk run program too - it's definitely the way to go IMHO and I'll be attempting a marathon in September!:eek:

Keep it up and you'll be trotting effortlessly ;) down the promenade in no time!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Best of luck and congrats for taking the plunge.

I started out like you in Feb with the C25k. Its a great program to ease you in. There's a thread on the nutrition forum that you might be interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Best of luck with your log and with your training. You will get so much advice and support on here. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Cushtie

well done on getting started, I just started aswell this week so we can keep an eye on each others progress!!!

week 1 day 3 Saturday for me aswell!!:):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Bloody Nipples

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 door handles

Well done on getting started.Im 46 myself,new to this running lark(started in mid april of this year).I didn't follow any plan as such,just ran as far as i could,then walked and so on until I could join up all the dot's.I managed to run my first 5k in early June and the Dublin 10k a few weeks ago.Better still my better half has also taking up running and she is up to 5k at the moment.We have both noticed a big improvment in our health and a bit of weight loss which is great as well.The important thing is to keep at it and maybe set yourself a goal of competing in a 5k race at the end of your programme!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Just finished week one. Shins hurt during run today, but probably due to slick non-gym-socks.

Feel great that i have done first week. Feel ready (ish) for week two.

Advertisement