Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

declaring a few hours work/ wife claiming jsb

• 05-08-2010 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

my wife is claiming jobseekers and i have been offered a few hours work.
    how do i or she, go about declaring this work. how much info do they want, and does it have to be declared before the work is done or after.

i havent a clue what i am doing as i have never claimed dole before

any help or advice please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭creaghadoos

anyone got any advice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Let them know as soon as the work starts. They will probably request a payslip of sorts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Trish2007

Is your wife claiming for you as a dependant on her JSB claim? You should inform them as soon as possible. My dh got a few hours work over christmas and informed social welfare. It did not affect my payment at all.

Trish2007 wrote: »
    Is your wife claiming for you as a dependant on her JSB claim? You should inform them as soon as possible. My dh got a few hours work over christmas and informed social welfare. It did not affect my payment at all.

yes i am a dependant on her claim
    it may only be 6-8 hours a week paid cash. cant see me getting any payslips

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Trish2007

If its going to be continuous then you will need to let them know. Get your wife to go to your social welfare office as soon as you start working to tell them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭mrsbouquet

It really all depends on her earnings.

social welfare inspector has asked for everything from wife. 6 months bank accounts, proof of where each lodgement has come from. proof that she doesnt own any other houses. receipts for a car we got 3 months ago and proof of where the money came from.

when do they give up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭mrsbouquet

She must be on jobseekers allowance which is means tested and her claimis is being reviewed . It is normal for them to request bank statements but it is usually for three months only. I have never heard of them looking for proof of other property. However they do receive details of property owned by individuals through peoples PPSN numbers and if they have not declared ownership to Social Welare they can be prosecuted for false declarations.

no fear of a house or 2 that i forgot to mention.
    can hardly keep one atm

Advertisement