Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lyons or Barry's Tea?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

bob50 wrote: »
    Try the Punjana i was the same always 2 tea bags in the cup but i find now the 1 punjana tea bag to be as strong as 2 lyons tea bags

I'll give them a try. Cheers for the tip!

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Feu

Dav wrote: »
    I almost never post in these sorts of threads with my work account, but I felt the need to here.

There is only one true tea.

It is Lyons.
    OFFICIAL Tea of Boards.ie
    (okay, so I made that bit up)

But here in our office (which consists of ourselves, Daft.ie and Adverts.ie), there was a box of Barry's muck that simply had to be thrown out after a year cause no one wanted to drink it. People would sooner go without. The Lyons boxes disappear in about 3 weeks (we're talking the 800 bag jobbies). I myself was responsible for 16 bags a day as I used 4 at a time in this mug:
    46644502.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1281107144&Signature=sgbBz5hM9pW7nflqI8ymLorHRkM%3D

However, I'm currently trying to cut down my caffeine dependency so have stopped drinking tea in the office :) I do keep an emergency stash though at my desk...

more solid than liquid? What is all this multiple bagging shenanigans? why not just drink coffee :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

the fact that people are talking about teabags (of any brand) tells me you know nothing of quality. Tea bags are filled with the sweepings of the factory floor after the real tea is packed.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Feu

Slaphead07 wrote: »
    the fact that people are talking about teabags (of any brand) tells me you know nothing of quality. Tea bags are filled with the sweepings of the factory floor after the real tea is packed.

harsh! tea bags are conveniently packaged floor tea...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 CrispMan

Lyons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Irish Tea ivariably has a darkening agent in it which makes it of inferior quality.

Check yours.

Open your teabag and rub the tea between your palms and dump the tea in the bin. Look at your palms. If you have a stain on your palms then never buy that tea again because its cheap crap.

Loose leaf tea all the way but I would settle for a loose style tea in a silk pyramid bag.(Oxymoron)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

Barrys classic blend is my every day tea, but for loose tea i drink Tesco finest Assam. They're similar enough as tea in ireland is mainly assam. I prefer the loose stuff but it takes that extra time to make

• Registered Users Posts: 11 monkeysuncle

Thinking of changing from Barry's to Lyons tea. Barry's seems to have too much acid , I drink Lyons in mama house and seems to go down /pass through better

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Tea leafs all the way, recently made the change from tea bags, damn the tea is so much nicer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I don't trust Lyons... Bought a box once and I swear it was full of regular Lipton tea... I also believe they have been supbtly altering the blend, until it will be as bland as any generic english tea and cheaper to produce...

Barry's is still Irish owned and blended in Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Barry's all the way here, preferable the Gold Blend loose leaf.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I like most teas really though the odd ones I don't like.

Advertisement