Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mini tt1 & Flex TT5

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭Cameraman

Opinions vary - the early ones had a lot of glitches. Particular problems were with many Canon flashes and US-frequency PWs - apparently the US versions picked up a lot of interference from the flashguns, because they emit interference on a similar frequency. The CE (European) have much less of a problem.

I have a TT1 - which works fine with my old non-TTL PWs. I will be getting a TT5 soon.

This Flickr group is very good for getting background information - and has people from the PW manufacturer responding :

http://www.flickr.com/groups/pocketwizards/

You could also look at RadioPopper - which have just become available in Europe :

http://radiopopper.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭Fireman

Cameraman thanks very much for the information I will have a look now and come back to this forum later

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭ShaneM

I bought my tt1 & tt5 [European spec] & love them.
    Would highly recommend them for some outside off camera flash work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I have three tt5 units and apart from one having to be repaired they work great, really quick to setup and in a nutshell they work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

I have two TT5 and a TT1 and they pretty much work all the times. It has been mentioned a lot on the net, the US version seems to be having reliability issues especially when working with Canon 580 EXII.

The high speed sync is brilliant. I love shooting wide open at high shutter speed. Bear in mind, if u have any sort of light modifiers (softbox, etc.), make sure the bracket will take the TT5 units nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭Fireman

Thanks for all the reply's, I finally made up my mind and I am going for the TT1 & Flex TT5 and I have just purchased from our good friend Albert both items and postage are €351 compared to Irish price €487 and they will work in Ireland, Cant Wait to experiment !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

Wow, thats a seriously good price - have mine for a couple of months now a great investment - have fun!

Advertisement