Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a recommendation for choice of Blackberry.

Options
  • 05-08-2010 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭

Heading off to the Gulf next week so am getting a Blackberry:)

Have been doing the round with O2 and 3.
    meteor dont do them and am moving from Voda.

O2 are saying the 8520, at 90 euro for an 18 month contract at 40 a month is good for the basic fone/text/ web.

The 40 includes the BMM option

They reckon the 8900 has a better processor (169 euro: rest as above)

They reckon the more expensive ones just have better cameras.

3 are pretty much the same.

Would welcome some thoughts on the different Blackberry fones please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

Carlow52 wrote: »
    Heading off to the Gulf next week so am getting a Blackberry:)

Have been doing the round with O2 and 3.
    meteor dont do them and am moving from Voda.

O2 are saying the 8520, at 90 euro for an 18 month contract at 40 a month is good for the basic fone/text/ web.

The 40 includes the BMM option

They reckon the 8900 has a better processor (169 euro: rest as above)

They reckon the more expensive ones just have better cameras.

3 are pretty much the same.

Would welcome some thoughts on the different Blackberry fones please?

the 8520 is cheap and nasty, keys are tiny. o2 are selling online the bold 9000 for €99 @ 40 euro per month contract. much better deal if you ask me. I have a bold 9000 since 2008 and the sound from external speaker is great, and keys nice to type on. the bold 9000 was replaced by the bold 9700 , o2 are selling off their remaining bold 9000's..

its not a bad deal @ €99 for the phone.

bear in mind that using a blackberry abroad, attracts extra usage charges and can be expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

wait for the blackberry torch...that should be one bad ass bb...i dont really like bb but this one even got me excited

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

ingen wrote: »
    the 8520 is cheap and nasty, keys are tiny. o2 are selling online the bold 9000 for €99 @ 40 euro per month contract. much better deal if you ask me. I have a bold 9000 since 2008 and the sound from external speaker is great, and keys nice to type on. the bold 9000 was replaced by the bold 9700 , o2 are selling off their remaining bold 9000's..

its not a bad deal @ €99 for the phone.

bear in mind that using a blackberry abroad, attracts extra usage charges and can be expensive

From here http://www.gsmarena.com/blackberry_bold_9000-2370.php

see that neither 8520 and 8900 are 3G

Got caught on a ferry last year for calls.........:mad:

Advertisement