Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indie'go World Music Festival

Options
  • 05-08-2010 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey guys,
    Just wondering if anyone is travelling down to the festival tomorrow or Saturday morning early? I am in Maynooth but can make it into Dublin if necessary. Willing to chip in for petrol:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭mickos

Festival has been cancelled according to FaceBook. BAdly organised by the sounds of it:(

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Curve Music

Ouch, what happened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Ailleacht

Hello People,
    I have just dropped Sharon Cort (and Tom Corbett) to Cork city before travelling to the festival. She got a message saying that it was cancelled. As mentioned already does someone know what happened. both of them have travelled from the USA this week, with another member of the band already here and someone travelling from Northern Ireland as well. this is very hard on them as they have paid a lot to get to ireland and I am sure it will be hard for them to get any money back.

If you are interested in the band www.sharoncort.com for upcoming dates around the country.....PB

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Ailleacht wrote: »
    Hello People,
    I have just dropped Sharon Cort (and Tom Corbett) to Cork city before travelling to the festival. She got a message saying that it was cancelled. As mentioned already does someone know what happened. both of them have travelled from the USA this week, with another member of the band already here and someone travelling from Northern Ireland as well. this is very hard on them as they have paid a lot to get to ireland and I am sure it will be hard for them to get any money back.

If you are interested in the band www.sharoncort.com for upcoming dates around the country.....PB

Surely they didn't just come over for that festival as i see they have 9 other tour dates going on here, so why should they get money back for traveling over:confused:

Hello Cypher,
    I agree with you to a certain extent. The money they were promised was good. When you are on a tour every bit of income counts. it could mean the difference between making some money on the trip or none at all. The margins are that tight!

Anyway, any news on the festival?

Did Friday night go ahead?

If not why was it not called off earlier?

They would have known on Friday day what the situation was.

One of the excuses quoted in the email was health and safety.

It is a pity as the idea was good and the range of music wide....PB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

It was cancelled because of the lack of interest, the prices for tickets were crazy anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 KatieN17

anyone else noticed that no one can get info on refunds for tickets and both their website and facebook page are gone ?

Hello Again Everyone,
    did friday and saturday go ahead? I heard that the riggers/workers heard they were not going to be getting paid so they did not "work" hence it was pulled on the old chestnut "health & Safety" grounds. the website or facebook link showed actual work recting the stage during the week.

A statement to the public/media should have been made by now.

Interested....PB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 audiofile

I was working at the event as a supplier , you are qiute correct that we found out that there was no funds for payment and that they were relying on walk up ticket sales.
    It has left a very bad taste in a lot of peoples mouth especially the suppliers and musicians
    We have been assured that we will be paid but how long that will take is unknown at the moment.
    We await the outcome with some interest

Advertisement