Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

4x4 cars like Jeep, Toyota, Nissan & body parts and accessories...

• 05-08-2010 11:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I got my hand smacked as a neebie to the forums for posting on an old thread - but to be honest I didn't see It was started 2 year ago, just that it was started about a memeber asking questions in regard to starting a 4x4 parts and accessories bitz / shop, and looking to see who's in the market place.
    The last post in the thread was giving out about a company I felt didn't need slagging off or deserve it - they helped me out too no end, as my experince with 4x4 bitz in Tralee - their name explains: we have a no. of 4x4 motors for myself and my business partner and a van also. The guys in 4x4bitz were great sourcing some body styling accessories as we attempted to get a uniform look to compliment the vehicle decals and sign writing.

I tried two of my local motor factors and halfords (don't get me started about halfords - omg, too many indians in the store and not enough....) but the motor factors told me I'd probably have to sell the nissan if I wanted the body styling look to match the other / hard top. - as if that was practical, ??rolleyes.gif Most others I called didn't do body parts or didn't even answer the phone!!
    The crowd in tralee found our solution, we didn't want to spend a fortune but presentation is important - they made it happen, looks the part, all 3 vehicles and came in on budget, actually cheaper on the chrome'd handles than halfordds. And they fitted our bits aswell.
    So I'd recommend 4x4 bitz and the company vehicles are spot on now, I like the fact you've an Irish company that provide a good service - for what is really all the manufacturers do when they update a model, a bit of chrome here or change the grille a bit - not a lot really and they do try to rip you off - this years model, give me a break!

- Love the show on newstalk, its what got me in here
    & the idea of a private forum for motor repairs - questions and answers etc. - is great.
    This recession is bringing out all sorts of talent in people they didn't think they had before - I have myself and other drivers of our vehicles going over and above the call of duty, no more just road side checks - and engine quick maintenance - oil, water etc. - The lads are been given parts and crack on with helping each other do quick repairs maintenance & medium sized jobs - obviously if we have the equipment or tools - dealer or garage still get the bigger jobs. They'd prefer to be doing the small and medium jobs than sitting at home losing pay while no vehicle is available to carry out their work schedule.

\hope ye lads can handle a woman thats not doing the school run with her diesl 4x4 and can lash on a set of break pads before breakfast - to make a lunchtime appointment!!! LOL
    jk

:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

Hi Jean and welcome.

You'll find there's plenty of expertise and help on here if you or the lads need it although it sounds like doing well as it is ;)

Advertisement