Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap quinoa?

Options
  • 06-08-2010 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hello.

I was just wondering if anyone would know if there is anywhere I could get me some cheap quinoa?

My story: A few years back, I used to buy tofu from the local health food shop which, as far as I remember, cost in the region of €4.00. I went to the Oriental Emporium on Jervis St. (a Godsend!) and found the exact same stuff, with the exact same address on the back, the exact same weight and portion and all for €2.00!

So is there anywhere where I could get a similar deal on quinoa? I know it's South American stuff, but I don't know of any South American immigrant shops anywhere (I think there's a Brazilian one in Temple Bar somewhere, but I came to the conclusion that it's kind of a gimmick- like the neighbouring 'Genuine Irish pubs').

And before you say it, Tesco isn't a whole tonne cheaper in selling either tofu or quinoa than that damn health shop.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ASHCROSS

can you naame the company in Cork that imports foof products -quinoa, from S.America

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Hello Ashcross, the initial post on this thread is close to 5 years old. Please don't resurrect zombie threads. Your query would also be better suited to the Cork forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement