Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Hacking

Options
  • 06-08-2010 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

My credit card details were taken and were about to be used to buy things from Amazon. My amazon account was frozen before they finished but I was wondering. Where the hell were they going to mail these items to that I wouldn't have been able to intercept with police??? How were they ever going to get there hands on these items???

Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭tc2010

there probably not. Maybe theyre making there money from being an Amazon affiliate

• Registered Users Posts: 6 souptard

what do you mean an amazon afiliate?

I can register an affiliate account with Amazon which means if i sell something for them i get a percentage of the sale.

Theres lots of sites promoting goods from amazon just to make a profit from this.

example of something similar

http://www.avforums.com/forums/hi-fi-systems-separates/

notice how related items show up at the top of the screen. If someone clicks on them ads and buys that product the owner of the site will probably get a % of the sale

So

In your case its possible someone has an affiliate account and bought goods to earn the affiliate commission. Kind of like virtually laundering money.

Thanks for the info. How much percentage would ppl get?

different for every good. the more popular things would be very small around 3% maybe

Ive seen affiliate goods go up as far as 75% for things like software that can be downloaded to cut down on postage but not on Amazon. Maybe they do im not too sure

For all you know 100 credit cards have been hacked and thats were the money adds up

• Advertisement

Thinks a lot for the info that question always annoyed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

tc2010 wrote: »
    I can register an affiliate account with Amazon which means if i sell something for them i get a percentage of the sale.

Theres lots of sites promoting goods from amazon just to make a profit from this.

example of something similar

http://www.avforums.com/forums/hi-fi-systems-separates/

notice how related items show up at the top of the screen. If someone clicks on them ads and buys that product the owner of the site will probably get a % of the sale

So

In your case its possible someone has an affiliate account and bought goods to earn the affiliate commission. Kind of like virtually laundering money.
    No - that won't work
    Amazon won't pay on a disputed / fraud transaction
    In fact most vendors won't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

They could be sent to a Residential post box in England and picked up by someone who wouldn't have to live there. The police aren't going to intercept it because it would be too late and they probably wouldn't be bothered over something small anyway.

Does anything like that exist in Ireland? For example if i didn't have a permanent address and needed something delivered what would I do? Or now that I think of it could you get it delivered to a hotel and drop in to collect it saying you entered the wrong address, sign for it, and leave?

Blacknight wrote: »
    No - that won't work
    Amazon won't pay on a disputed / fraud transaction
    In fact most vendors won't

In this case it probably wont as it was disputed and frozen but if it wasnt quick enough then it could

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

tc2010 wrote: »
    In this case it probably wont as it was disputed and frozen but if it wasnt quick enough then it could

Err no - they won't
    Amazon don't pay for about 60 days after a transaction

Blacknight wrote: »
    Err no - they won't
    Amazon don't pay for about 60 days after a transaction

Didnt know that to be honest.

Advertisement