Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carrick-on-Suir to Kilkenny nice photo spots ?

• 06-08-2010 1:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, going for a drive in that area soon, have a few spots earmarked of course (Kells, Jerpoint, Ahenny crosses), just wondering does anyone know of any other nice spots to take pics between Carrick-on-Suir and Kilkenny, small road heading North via Ahenny in particular. Any nice cottages, villages, castles, ruins with easy access ? Had a look at the Google Map on here, nothing in that area...
    Thks,
    If I don't get any replies and find some nice spots I'll be sure to post them in :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

There's the Kilkieran High Crosses, there's also a well nearby that is said to cure headaches. There's also an old slate quarry nearby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Thks Trishw78, not sure but I think Kilkieran and Ahenny crosses are one and the same ? Have bought a few OS maps today so will be able to ascertain that ! Would love to see the well, hoping it will show on the OS too. Had forgotten about the slate quarries actually, I'll make the detour there I think, last time I was there, there were great slate sculptures (dinosaur shape, etc...) and little pools with interesting reflections, hope it's all still there !

Have spotted other round towers, churches and castles on the OS map already, but it saves time and mileage to hear someone else's experience.

Advertisement