Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anything else i can do...

• 06-08-2010 1:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭

to improve my line quality? so far ive replaced all my internal wiring, removed 2 unused extensions, (one was for sky but its not needed) am connected to the main box in the hall with a 20 meter ethernet cable from the modem to the back of the comp, and my download speeds have improved around 1.5mb, my sync speed is also up around 200kbps, but my snr is still utter crap, but at least i never get any disconnects at all! my line attenuation has abso dropped .50 from 33.50dB to 33.00dB

Line State Up
    Modulation ADSL2+
    Data Path Fast

Downstream Upstream
    Max Allowed Speed (kbps) 15221 765
    SN Margin (dB) 5.00 17.20
    Line Attenuation (dB) 33.00 15.00
    CRC Errors 68 0

904813501.png

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

dazdrog wrote: »
    to improve my line quality? so far ive replaced all my internal wiring, removed 2 unused extensions, (one was for sky but its not needed) am connected to the main box in the hall with a 20 meter ethernet cable from the modem to the back of the comp, and my download speeds have improved around 1.5mb, my sync speed is also up around 200kbps, but my snr is still utter crap, but at least i never get any disconnects at all! my line attenuation has abso dropped .50 from 33.50dB to 33.00dB

Line State Up
    Modulation ADSL2+
    Data Path Fast

Downstream Upstream
    Max Allowed Speed (kbps) 15221 765
    SN Margin (dB) 5.00 17.20
    Line Attenuation (dB) 33.00 15.00
    CRC Errors 68 0

904813501.png

No. You have done everything you can do. Be happy with your connection its much faster than the majority of ireland can achieve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

x4 faster than average DSL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I'd say that's about as good as you'll get. Any thing else will probably be a waste of your time. You're going to have to settle for that. Since you've no disconnect issues or anything like that, I'd be slow to try anything else anyway for fear of breaking it.

If you're about 2.5km from your exchange, then that's what you're going to get. If you're less than 2km, then there could be some sort of line issue, but probably not something you'll ever get fixed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭dazdrog

my original line attenuation was 28dB before i got moved onto the adsl2+ kit, now i know it goes up with higher speeds but my distance from the patrick street exchange in drogheda is under 2k dunno about what way the lines travel tho

so theres not much i can do to improve my snr? its on 3.50dB now with no disconnect

Advertisement