Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pyro's 2010/11 Football Bets!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

x PyRo wrote: »
    No problem at all mate, I just think it's a very tough bet to get right. Football is a fickle old sport and it's not easy to get right at all, never mind predicting 4 teams to keep a clean sheet, for the returns I certainly think in the long run it's not worthwhile. I'd rather pick out 4 teams to win @ 6/1 for a four-fold. That's just me though, I don't think I would be able to make a good go of it, you may well able to be. I can't make a go of anything at the moment so pass no heed on what I say!

Ya i know what you mean, its very easy for a poor team to get a lucky goal against a strong team. I could also bet on neither team to keep a clean sheeet at the same odds.
    I think later on in the season when teams have settled and games go more to form that this bet may be worth a look.
    Im just having a lash at it this week though as its the first time ive seen it. Having a bet is the only thing that makes soccer saturday worth watching anyway:D

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭jay5296

Sorry CM, but i think thats mad if your expecting clean sheets at Old Trafford and Stamford bridge. Both teams on the score sheet might have a better chance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Dreams.Ahead

jay5296 wrote: »
    Sorry CM, but i think thats mad if your expecting clean sheets at Old Trafford and Stamford bridge. Both teams on the score sheet might have a better chance!

I can't see West Ham scoring today at Old Trafford. Stoke, maybe, but it's worth a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Not sure if you're messing or not. :pac: It has been terrible so far. :(

I was thinking of a treble on -

Newcastle to beat Accrington @ 4/9
    Everton/Hudders Under 2.5 Goals @ 5/4
    Fulham to beat Port Vale @ 4/11

Pays 3.43/1 on Bet365 which looks like a good price to me.

With my luck of late that'll be completely off the mark.

Pyro,when's that bet,was it on already?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

greetings wrote: »
    Pyro,when's that bet,was it on already?

Was a Cup treble on Wednesday last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Wolves, QPR and Cardiff all just went 1 up..

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Doncaster 1 up too.

QPR are 1 down. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Yea I followed you by doing a small double on Cardiff and QPR, hopefully QPR can turn it around second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

hey Pyro,

Just wondering if you ever did or saw this bet.
    In boyles they have a soccer coupon where you can bet on if both teams will score in a game.
    For this weekends selections of games 4 results is 6/1, 5 results 10/1, 6 results 18/1 and 7 results 32/1.

Im not great at football betting and usually stay away from it but this looks like good value to me. If a good defensive team is playing a poor attacking team at home then they should keep a clean sheet. I know its not as easy as that but with a bit of knowledge of teams you could make good selections. I have no knowledge so im just going for the obvious.

For tomorrow i was looking at
    Man Utd vs West Ham Both teams not to score
    Chelsea vs Stoke Both teams not to score
    Rangers vs St johnstone Both teams not to score
    Spurs vs Wigan Both teams not to score

10 euro returns 70

I presume you mean both teams to score? A scoreless draw in the Utd game is 20/1 on it's own.

homolumo wrote: »
    Wolves, QPR and Cardiff all just went 1 up..

me bad, nearly sure vidiprinter on BBC came up 1-0 to QPR, balls anyway

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Cardiff 2-0 now.

Jay Bothroyd has found his shooting boots this season also and will prove a big thread to the Portsmouth defense and if I hadn't staked so much of the bank already I'd be looking at him to score anytime at 11/5 with Coral.

ARRRRRRGH!! :(

2 nil Derby, that rightly messes me up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Fcuk derby anyway, im having a shocking run. Atleast cardiff are winning for ya anyway

God I hate QPR. I like Derby, and this is the first time I've opposed them. Typical.

Over 2.5 Goals - 3pts @ 1/1 (Bet365)
    Dembele anytime - 2pts @ 9/4 (Ladbrokes)
    Fulham (-1) - 1pt @ 7/2 (PaddyPower)

Overs comes in. The rest won't. Just breaking even on this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

How the hell can Wigan be beating Spurs :(

Thank God I stayed away form that game. LOL at Spurs. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

I need Aberdeen to score to save my other 4 team accum :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

QPR 2-2 now. pity they didnt wake up before the last 5 mins

• Advertisement

Over 2.5 Goals - 3pts @ 1/1 (Bet365) :D +3
    Dembele anytime - 2pts @ 9/4 (Ladbrokes) :( -2
    Fulham (-1) - 1pt @ 7/2 (PaddyPower)
    :( -1
    Wolves to win (DNB) - 5pts @ 3/4 (ExtraBet) :( Draw no bet.
    Craddock anytime - 1pt @ 10/1 (PaddyPower)
    :(
    QPR to win - 3pts @ 7/5 (Bet365) :( -3 Draw
    Doncaster to win - 2pts @ 5/4 (Boylesports) :D +2.25
    Cardiff to win - 3pts @ 11/8 (Ladbrokes) :D +4.12

+3.37pts today.

Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Not bad man, keep it up. Profit is profit :)

Was gonna back Donnie today too, their home form will be key this season.
    Well done and up the ante! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

+3.37pts today.

Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick I suppose.
    Just a bit of constructive criticism I think you bet on too many things that's why your not winning much.

digme wrote: »
    Just a bit of constructive criticism I think you bet on too many things that's why your not winning much.

Noted, but I'll be continuing this way, if I make 3pts profit every weekend I'll be a happy man.

digme wrote: »

I disagree. For example, the Fulham game was probably his main game betwise. If he had only bet on that match, he would not have profited. Variety is the spice of life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

I disagree. For example, the Fulham game was probably his main game betwise. If he had only bet on that match, he would not have profited. Variety is the spice of life.

yes and in terms of making money from that statement........??????it doesn't work

heavyballs wrote: »
    yes and in terms of making money from that statement........??????it doesn't work

It worked for Pyro today. He profited, didn't he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

It worked for Pyro today. He profited, didn't he?

yes today he did,it's not a way to make profit long term,watch this space,

But why would it make a difference?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

It's a fine line, really. And it's drawn differently for every punter. It depends on how well you know what you're betting on.
    Some people are sports nuts, spend all their time finding out useful info about all manner of sports. It seems to me that they could spread their betting a lot wider than someone who sticks the odd punt on Man Yoo and the Grand National.
    Personally, I bet widely, and I keep a close record of how I do. Recently been doing poor on tennis, so I'm going to paper trade that for a few weeks and see how it goes. I do pretty well on cricket, so obviously I'll keep punting on that.
    As for soccer, some leagues I know well, and some I don't. Some are well known and we're all as informed as anyone outside the dressing room.
    If you have narrow interests, then focus your betting narrowly. If your interests are wider, spread the betting (and the risk).

Advertisement