Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pyro's 2010/11 Football Bets!

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

What difference would it make if he was or wasn't?
    i know him and it was a small dig at him is that ok ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

deise48 wrote: »
    i know him and it was a small dig at him is that ok ?

S'grand, I was just asking a question :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

A lot of good advice here from ValueSeeker, he's obviously been in the gambling game for quite a while ;)

The advice I have for you Pyro is as follows :

Don't back Arsenal to win the Premier League :pac:

You'll be grand man, just, as they've said, ease down on the number of bets and perhaps add them half points onto your high confidence bets.
    Also, might seem like a mad idea atm, but you seem to only bet on English Football?

There's a lot kf money to made on the La Liga, Ligue 1 and even the Eircom league :)

Anyway, best of luck with the future bets, I'll be watching intently to see how they differ from mine :)

Good luck fella!

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

EI111 wrote: »
    I'd strongly advise you to avoid those bets not alone for the fact that they represent poor value but also they used to contribute to 'tilt' effect for me.

I'd get so pissed off losing one that my judgement would be clouded and I wouldn't watch the game in question objectively and learn from it for future betting. I would find myself focusing mainly on that one player. Handicap betting is another one with a similar effect.

Anytime goalscorer can be value if you expect team to score more than the bookies do but avoid first goalscorer like the plague, it's designed for degenerates down the pub

Cheers for the input EI. I understand where you're coming from with the first scorer bets, I only do small bets on them for the fun, nice little return if they happen to come off too but I see where you're coming from in regards to tilting, I rarely enjoy the game either if I've backed someone as I keep watching them and nothing else. Like with Milner on his debut, I barely took my eye off him all game!

I think the anytime scorer is a good bet, especially in the Championship as even some of the better strikers in that league are overpriced. I don't do a book on that either though, it would take ages! I do on the match bets and overs/unders mainly. Only learning at that too so I no doubt get things wrong. Thanks for your comments.

Re: Doocey.

I only gamble on what I know, I don't watch the other leagues enough to put my money on it so I keep to games involving teams I've watched and know about, plus the English lower leagues have severely good value in comparison to the European league so I'd rather put my time into watching that instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭EI111

No bother, I do a massive 2 euro on richard dunne to score first every ireland game out of superstition and for a bit of banter if it comes in

• Advertisement

Good idea, he pops up with the odd one and it's only a bit of fun! I went to put €10 on him to score first in some game last year, he was 40/1 or something mental in the local bookies, I changed my mind and went for O'Shea. Dunne scored after 5 minutes or something.

Now that's tilting! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

S'grand, I was just asking a question :cool:
    k boy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

So Pryo, any bets on the horizon? surprised to see ya didn't make the odd one on the internationals.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Just bumping this up Pyro to see will ya go back at it....?

I will surely mate, just trying to think up a few new strategies. I've taken everything on board that was said to me here and I've changed a few things.

Should be back in the next week or two.

No more multiple selections per game is definitely one thing I'm changing. Only sticking to one bet per match. Hopefully it'll prove a worthwhile change. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Good stuff, look forward to seeing your football selections again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Will be good to see your selections back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭mookie2007

Great Pyro. Looking forward to your comeback.

Miss placing the regular bets on the footi.

Although following your horse log in its place has been fantastic.

ft9 wrote: »
    Good stuff, look forward to seeing your football selections again
    iMuse wrote: »
    Will be good to see your selections back :)

Cheers lads, really needed to correct the wrongs so the month off has been good for me. Had to be done with the racing at one stage too and I learnt a few new things so fingers crossed it happens here too. I got carried away with too many bets and that was my downfall, that'll be changing now though. :)
    mookie2007 wrote: »
    Great Pyro. Looking forward to your comeback.

Miss placing the regular bets on the footi.

Although following your horse log in its place has been fantastic.

Cheers Mookie, thanks for the message. Missing it myself. :pac: Thank God the Racing has more than made up for it in the last month. Long may it continue!

Back with a bet.

Valencia vs Man United - Over 3.5 Goals - 2pts @ 3/1 (VC)

No proper reasoning as I'm in a rush but I think it could be a fairly high scoring game and the 3/1 available looks too big considering both teams know how to find the back of the net and can be vulnerable at the back on occasions. Valencia should be high in confidence after winning their opening CL game 4-0 away from home and seeing United only manage to draw against Rangers. If there's an early goal I think the floodgates could open and we'll get a cracker of a game with plenty of goals. Valencia have two good wingers who could get at the United wing backs and cause a lot of problems, whilst United should have Nani causing problems to the Valencia wing backs, who I don't rate too highly. All in all it could be a lively encounter with lots of goals if all goes well and I think it'll be each sides wingers that'll cause the problems. Small stakes selection on over 3.5 goals for me.

*Punches self in head!*

If Soldado scored that tap in header it could of been different but hadn't a hope of getting the bet in. Terrible call. I should stick to what I know.

Roll on The Championship on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭EI111

Will Hill were giving 5/6 instore today on chelsea for saturday. That should get you back on your feet

I'm still on my feet don't worry! Not a hope would I back them against Arsenal though. They'll probably win but no value at 5/6.

The Championship games will go well, hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭mookie2007

Good man Pyro! Back in the game.

Have to say i totally agree in focusing on the championship. Never much value in the premiership.

I find great value in the championship and league 1 particularly with overs and even win draw win selections in some games are way overpriced. Also find this in the spanish la liga outside the top 2.

Anyway my rant over but certainly looking forward to reading your take on the games again and following your predictions.

Good Luck;)

I'm after spending about 8 hours on the horse racing so I'm not doing any write ups for the football as I'm pure wrecked (Tired, not on drugs :pac:). These are my only two selections.

Barnsley vs Cardiff - 2pts @ 6/4 (Bet365)
    Hull vs Coventry - 1pt @ 3/1 (SkyBet)

• Advertisement

Cardiff won, Coventry drew 0-0 and should of won.

+2pts from that day.

Reinvesting it in the following..

Andrei Arshavin to score anytime vs Ireland - 2pts @ 3/1 (PaddyPower)

Good price in my opinion, he should cause the Irish defense problems with his speed and direct running, he's prone to having a lot of shots and one of them might get lucky. He's in good goalscoring form this season for Arsenal having scored 5 and 6 assists already and averages 3 shots a game. He hasn't scored for the Russians in his 2 games in this campaign but if he's playing on John O'Shea I think that could change here, he'll give him a good run around and should have a few chances to score. 3/1 is too big in my opinion and he's worth a small bet at those odds. Ireland always seem to let in a goal at home and he's most likely to grab one for the Russians. I won't be upset anyways if the bet loses and Ireland go on to win the game!

Haven't had any time for football bets or write ups. Don't think I will for a while now either.

Having a big bet on a double.

Real Madrid to beat AC Milan @ 5/4
    Arsenal to beat Shakhtar @ 15/8

5pts Double @ 6.48 (StanJames)

Dodgy enough bet but a brilliant price IMO. Madrid are streets ahead of a poor AC Milan team and Arsenal destroyed Shakhtar at the Emirates. Different test here but should have enough to win. Both of my teams are away from home but at odds of nearly 5.5/1 makes it a wonderful price. Big bet for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

I was gonna take both of them as singles as soon as i found out line ups. But i might give the double a go too. Really great value on two superior teams. I just hope they have the motivation for it as they are both pretty much through. Although winning tonight ensures top place finishes and then they can sit back and relax in the last 2 and focus on their domestics. Hope it comes off for ye. Sure it would be money in my pocket too. :D

I was gonna take both of them as singles as soon as i found out line ups. But i might give the double a go too. Really great value on two superior teams. I just hope they have the motivation for it as they are both pretty much through. Although winning tonight ensures top place finishes and then they can sit back and relax in the last 2 and focus on their domestics. Hope it comes off for ye. Sure it would be money in my pocket too. :D

I decided not to wait for the line ups as I'm an idiot. :pac: Both are severely superior teams and should win if they both go for it, that's the problem though, either might be happy with a point away from home but at 11/2 it's surely worth a chance. I'd rarely ever lump on a double but I feel this has a great chance if all goes well. Arsenal will be the ones fielding a weaker team but our back up players are very very good and the Ukrainians are average at times, I still think we should beat them though, hopefully. :D

Best of luck dude, hope we're on a couple of winners. I could do with it!

Advertisement