Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pyro's 2010/11 Football Bets!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

1-1 Derby v Leeds after 15mins 1 more goal please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

hopefully a Derby goal too for ye're sake :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

What are people going for tomorrow, Chelsea vs Man Utd?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Get in, 2-1 derby, pyro you beauty :)

Good stuff :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Well done again Pyro. Good pick and thanks becuase stuck it in a small double. :D

Keep them coming.

Pacifico wrote: »
    What are people going for tomorrow, Chelsea vs Man Utd?

Utd @ 15/8 or so is a steal imo, Chelsea look weak without Cech and Drogba, losing all their preseason games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Raoul

Missed your derby tip and your watford tip damn!! Managed to follow your banard tip though :mad:

Haha, good luck. Any more bets for the day?

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Gowan the Derby County! :pac: Great start to the thread despite Barnard missing a couple of sitters!

Bank - 110.30pts (+10.30pts)

Bets - 5
    Wins - 3
    SR - 60%
    Staked - 10pts
    Returned - 20.30pts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

x PyRo wrote: »
    Gowan the Derby County! :pac: Great start to the thread despite Barnard missing a couple of sitters!

Bank - 110.30pts (+10.30pts)

Bets - 5
    Wins - 3
    SR - 60%
    Staked - 10pts
    Returned - 20.30pts
    very nice :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭sonnky

Mr Bailey eat your heart out:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,273 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Well done mate. I'll be following.

Also, congrats on the modship..if that's the right word!

Cheers lads, good start apart from Mr. Barnard!

Trying to select what I'm going to back tomorrow, stumped at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

well done so far in this unusually placed log..:p

i think i might complain to a mod,,"oh wait,crap, walk away say nothing".:D
    congrads mate...

Cheers Coughlan,

It's not a log, it's extremely well thought out selection process. :pac:

Thanks man. :D Good stuff with your betting of late, going great guns!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Great start with thr=e thread, I'll be tipping in every now and then.:D

Congrats with the Modship, pal.:D

Just noticed the Modhood now, well deserved squire lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Aboy the lad Pyro, congrats. Won a few bob on Watford yesterday too! ;)

Haha cheers men! Hopefully get a few 'tipping' challenges going and see who's the boss. :pac:

Good stuff SRFC, Watford done us proud. :D

(12:35pm - SkySports)

Cardiff v Sheffield Utd

A mouthwatering tie in Cardiff today with last years beaten finalists taking on a Sheffield United side who finished last season with a flurry and ended up missing out on the playoffs by five points. In recent years Sheffield United have a good record when coming to Wales, they've won two, drawn one and lost one from their last four visits at a stadium where the away team usually struggles to gain any points. Cardiff have lost Joe Ledley to Celtic this summer, Stephen McPhail is also out injured and new signing Jason Koumas is unlikely to be fit enough to start but should make the bench. Jay Bothroyd is another that could potentially miss out as he has a slight hamstring problem. They look light in the midfield to me and if Sheffield United get around and about them with force as I expect them to I can see Cardiff struggling despite their favourites tag and home advantage, they may also suffer from the disappointment of their Wembley exertions back in May.

Sheffield United will be optimistic for the new season, they've cleared out the dead wood in the squad and got a few decent players in with the likes of Bogdanovic coming in from Barnsley and Ertl from Palace. Both experienced in this division and a handy addition to any team. I think United will more than likely go with a 4-5-1 formation and crowd out the Cardiff midfield which is looking a bit light of strength at the moment. Leon Britton, a recent arrival from City's big rivals Swansea is likely to start as the main attacking threat in a three man central midfield with two deeper lying midfielder's in behind him providing support for the central defenders of Sheffield who I expect to be the battle hardened Chris Morgan and new recruit Nyron Nosworthy who has joined on loan from Sunderland.

Ched Evans is hopefully going to lead the line for them after recovering from a hamstring operation, he's an extremely good talent and with Henderson out injured I think he's the best option for them and if they do go with only one man up front. He's big, strong and powerful, effective in the air and as good with the ball at his feet, assuming he starts, the 11/4 available on Ched Evans to score any time with PaddyPower is very good value and I expect he'll rake up a decent tally this season if he's a constant in their team. I think it'll be a tight enough game but I fancy Sheffield United to push on from their end of season form and get to the playoff's at least this season, Cardiff will be aiming to similar levels this season but I think they could be out-battled by a strong looking Sheffield United team, there were no draws on the opening day of the nPower Championship and 6 of the 11 games ended in away wins and I think this could go to the away side also. I'm torn between taking the 13/8 available for Sheffield United (DNB) or the 13/5 for the straight win. I think I'll be greedy and go for the bigger odds and hope that the away wins trend continues, it should be an entertaining match regardless. The Blades haven't won an opening away league game since 1989, but Leeds hadn't lost an opening home league game in a similar period and I feel that record should go soon and hopefully today's the day! Records are there to be broken.

3pts - Sheffield United to win @ 13/5 (Bet365)
    2pts - Ched Evans to score anytime* @ 11/4 (PaddyPower)

*Bet won't be placed until I know if he's starting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Going very well, well done, especially considering it's first week of the season and difficult to analyse form. Usually avoid the first couple of weeks myself for this reason.

Superb analysis, keep it up!

You sir, are a legend!

Well done

Thanks for the comments! Getting a lovely run of it.

1-0 to Sheffield at the moment, Ched Evans the scorer. :D

But they had a man sent off. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

icarumba muchas gracias senor Arriba Arriba!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

a you absolute freak!! Fairplay! You must be up a fair few pennies if united hold on...

haha cheers! Yeah it's be well worth it if they do. :pac: Getting an awful good run of it so far so I won't hold my breath on getting more!

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Keep up the work XPyro! Thanks

Im pissed off because I was thinking " ah I'm not just going to blindly follow some fella randomly off boards" so I didnt do Evans. :mad: Im such an idiot. Did do Utd, so hopefully they pull through. Will have to listen to you more from now on

Keeper, keeper, keeper! What in lords name was he doing? Cardiff getting up a head of steam now. Crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Congrats Pyro on the modmanship... now go and get Mr Power to sponsor a few competitions for us:pac::D

Advertisement