Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pyro's 2010/11 Football Bets!

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Cheers Fowler! Mr. Power wouldn't want much to do with me. :pac:

1-1. At least Evans scored. Red card/crazy goalkeeper cost Sheffield from holding on.

Bank - 112.80pts (+12.80pts)

Bets - 7
    Wins - 4
    SR - 57%
    Staked - 15pts
    Returned - 27.80pts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

What are you doing for the Chelsea game Pyro?

Nothing at all dude, just going to leave it. United look weak based on their starting line up so I think Chelsea will win. They'll certainly have the running of the United MF with Essien, Mikel and Lampard there. Only two bets that interest me are two anytime scorer bets. Anelka @ 5/2 & Kalou @ 3/1. Nothing else jumps out so I'll leave it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Owen first goal 20 pts :-P

When hell freezes over my man. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Raoul

Done for the weekend Pyro?

Yeah there's nothing else on bar the community shield thing. No value in anything there and too hard to call.

If I can add 12% to my bank every weekend I'll be loaded in no time. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fonze07

Rops and Lausanne both to win guys. 15/8 for the double

any chance of changing that avatar back to the N64 ?

No, why? :p

• Advertisement

x PyRo wrote: »
    No, why? :p

Cos you had it years and i used to scroll down spot the avatar before the user name , its obviously for my own convenience like !

Ah I see, you'll get used to my legendary crest now. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,273 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I liked you better before I knew you were a gunners fan :pac:.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fonze07

You the man PyRo. Up the Gunners

x PyRo wrote: »
    Only two bets that interest me are two anytime scorer bets. Anelka @ 5/2 & Kalou @ 3/1.

Kalou scores! I knew I should of backed him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Backed United :P

nice avatar mate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I missed it too. :pac:

(7:45pm -SkySports 3)

Stevenage v Portsmouth

Really looking forward to this match, won plenty of money backing Stevenage in the Conference last year where they were very impressive notching up many high scoring victories and plenty of solid defensive displays. They got promoted to League 2 and drew their first game 2-2 with Macclesfield after a decent pre-season which included a victory over Millwall and holding Norwich to a 0-0 draw. A decent cup run is their main target this year and they'll be going all out for the win and with home advantage I think they can take advantage of a weak Portsmouth side who could only name 4 inexperienced players on the bench. They're going to be short of their world cup 'star' Aaron Mokoena set to travel to South Africa for an international friendly of all things. Hayden Mullins has a knee problem and may not make the game and Danny Webber & Hermann Hreidarsson will both definitely miss out through injury. There is lots of competition in the Stevenage ranks with the 3 used substitutes in the weekend game pushing for places after all impressed when coming on against Macclesfield. They're only missing two other players, one through suspension and one through injury.

I expect a big performance from the new football league side and at 11/5 (Bet365) they look good value for the win against an extremely weakened Portsmouth team who will struggle playing their second game in three days with such a tiny squad. Kevin Prince Boateng is not expected to play, nor is John Utaka which even more strengthens Stevenage's claims of winning, I expect an open game with plenty of goals and Stevenage will want to put on a show being live in-front of the SkySports cameras for the first time this season. 11/10 (Bet365) for Over 2.5 Goals look brilliant value and will be my first 5 point bet of the season. Stevenage know how to hit the net and with a weak Portsmouth team in action I think they'll get two at least and Pompey will get one also. I'll be having a small bet on Stevenage to win 2-1 at 11/1 (Betfred). Here's hoping the League 2 team pull off a memorable 'shock' and march on into the 2nd round of this years Carling Cup.

5pts - Over 2.5 Goals @ 11/10 (Bet365)
    3pts - Stevenage to win @ 11/5 (Bet365)
    1pt - Stevenage to win 2-1 @ 11/1 (Betfred)

If there's under 3 goals and it's a draw/Pompey win I'm screwed. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Was considering Stevenage myself, but I don't trust Pompey at all.:P
    They could come out all guns blazing in an effort to get some cash, or they could roll over to concentrate on the league. It's a tough one to call.

Good luck with it, anyway.:D

• Advertisement

It's a bit of a coin toss for the win bet but Pompey's plight is going to be worse than I thought! Stevenage are a good side though, probably a bit short in the betting but worth a go, I really fancy over 2.5goals, looks a massive price to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Gone with Over 2.5 goals myself, fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

iMuse wrote: »
    Gone with Over 2.5 goals myself, fingers crossed :)

Me too. And had a tiny nibble at over 3.5 too. And a small bit on Stevenage.

Hopefully Pryos good form continues :D

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Me too. And had a tiny nibble at over 3.5 too. And a small bit on Stevenage.

Hopefully Pryos good form continues :D

Here's hoping :beer: Just threw some money on it now(over 2.5) @ evens :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Was going for under 2.5, now I've changed my ming and gone over. I'll know who to blame if it doesn't pay out :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

good luck with the bets tonight,seems to be a lot of people gone for overs,,usually when most of the gambling forum are on something it goes the opposite way.:p

on a side note,i dont think ive ever seen you 4pt a selection,is that kind of money only used for a special event or does it even exist:eek:..solely for the above reason if you do ever have a 4 pointer i will have my bank on it...:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

i didnt follow your bets over the weekend and lost money so am following you tonight i put 20 on the overs and pompey are one up lets hope it comes in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭OneForTheTeam

Stevenage 0 v Portsmouth 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

1-1 now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

1-1 Already, Over 2.5 looking good

Advertisement