Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pyro's 2010/11 Football Bets!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Good start. 1 all after 19mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

one all now after twenty mins one more goal and your electric start goes on xpyro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭OneForTheTeam

Come on 2-1 hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭EI111

what a miss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

2-1 Pompy, thank you Pyro :D

Shame about the correct score bet though

• Advertisement

money in the bank thanks xpyro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Thanks pyro. Happy days. Good pick, again.

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Cheers Pyro, Nice pick

Thanks pyro:D

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Cheers Pyro, nice bit of cash in the account now :)

Put 25 on it.

Just need Pompey to win(accum) and -1 to come in now...

• Advertisement

just backed over 4.5 goals at 6/5 it looks like there is more goals in it

its not looking good for my over 4.5 goal bet at the moment

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Thought when it went 1-1 they'd push on and win but no luck :( 5pt bet came through thank God, thanks for the comments! :)

+1.5pts from the three.

Bank - 114.30pts (+14.30pts)

Bets - 10
    Wins - 5
    SR - 50%
    Staked - 24pts
    Returned - 38.30pts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Well done Pyro, impressive work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Congrats pyro, posting in this thread so it shows up in my CP, handy to have a few tips when im looking to bet :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

ahh i should have followed the pts correctly, :o

No reasoning for this, just a small away team accumulator for the crack!

Single bets up tomorrow.

All prices with Victor Chandler

Aldershot v Watford @ 23/20
    Barnsley v Rochdale @ 4/1
    Bradford v Nottm Forest @ 1/1
    Carlisle v Huddersfield @ 11/8
    Chesterfield v Middlesbrough @ 21/20

.30pts @ 104/1

Edit: Mightn't be about tomorrow evening so looks like no bets for me unless things change. Watford are a huge price in their game and over 2.5 goals is 21/20. :eek: Probably better to wait until the weekend anyways, don't want to push my luck so it's just the mental accumulator for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

Another one posting so i get alerts to new posts. Good start Pyro. Am waiting for Saturday, don't know enough about the lower league teams yet... will start up a thread in the logs area for my favoured anytime scorer doubles and trebles :)

Actually not heading out, staying in to hopefully win money then go out tomorrow. :pac:

Only short little write ups, too many games to cover!

(7:45 - SkySports)

Chesterfield v Middlesbrough

I was really liking the look of Boro at even money, until I found out it'll be a weakened side with at least 13 of Boro's 25 senior pro's missing out through international call ups and injury. They should still have too much for the League 2 side who will be without their main Striker through suspension and on-loan Midfielder Ian Morris is a big doubt through injury. Nicky Bailey is likely to start in the center of Midfield for Boro after his summer switch from Charlton, he's a very good goalscorer and could prove a tough man to handle, at 4/1 (WillHill) he looks good value to score anytime and he's 12/1 (ExtraBet) to score first, I'll be availing of both overpriced bets, seems very big considering he scored 25 goals in 86 games for a poor Charlton outfit and today will be playing against an average League 2 team with a team I expect to be challenging for the Championship title, although they are weakened significantly they should have too much. A medium bet on the anytime scorer and a small bet on the first scorer in what should be a decent game with Boro the likely victors. Bets not placed until I know he's starting, but he should be.

3pts - Nicky Bailey to score anytime @ 4/1 (WillHill)
    1pt - Nicky Bailey to score first @ 12/1 (ExtraBet)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Well done so far, instant profit. I'm impressed. I'm going to follow you from tonight. I did up an excel sheet to work out my stakes following your points and my bank :D If I decide to be serious, I might even start up my own log...again.

• Advertisement

Cheers mate, hopefully tonight goes to plan, these Carling Cup games can be lotteries at times but I'm trying to get the ones that won't be! Hopefully Nicky Bailey gets it off to a good start with a 1st minute screamer against Chesterfield. :pac: I can dream!

x PyRo wrote: »
    Cheers mate, hopefully tonight goes to plan, these Carling Cup games can be lotteries at times but I'm trying to get the ones that won't be! Hopefully Nicky Bailey gets it off to a good start with a 1st minute screamer against Chesterfield. :pac: I can dream!

The Carling Cup is a funny auld competition sometimes, hopefully not too funny though!

Hopefully not or I'll have to eat grass for the rest of the week! Quite fond of the oul' grass though. :pac: Doing the Carlisle/Huddersfield game at the moment, three interesting bets in it so far, don't know what to stake though!

Carlisle v Huddersfield

An all League 1 encounter here, both teams started the season well with Carlisle winning 2-1 at Brentford and Huddersfield destroying Notts County away from home winning 3-0. I expect big things of Huddersfield this season and can see them getting another win here if things go to plan and they look a big price at 6/4 (Bet365) to get the win here. The manager, Lee Clark, indicated he'll be fielding a strong squad for the trip to Carlisle and with confidence likely to be high after beating a good Notts County side I think they'll stand a solid chance here. Two of their recent signings are likely to make their debuts with Graham Carey and Lee Croft both touted to start along with young striker Lee Novak possibly coming back into the side after an injury, he's only 21 but knows how to find the net having 12 times in 39 games for Huddersfield and at a best price of 9/4 (Coral) to score anytime he looks a good bet if he starts. Both teams certainly know how to find the net and the Evens (Bet365) for Over 2.5 Goals looks temping also. Huddersfield have lost their last 3 away League Cup games and Carlisle haven't been knocked out in the first round for 5 years, those stats don't fill me with too much confidence but I still think Huddersfield are too big a price and are the superior team. I expect them to win, hopefully 2-1 with Novak scoring the winner to bring in all three bets!

5pts - Over 2.5 Goals @ 1/1 (Bet365)
    3pts - Huddersfield to win @ 6/4 (Bet365)
    2pts - Lee Novak to score anytime @ 9/4 (Coral)

Staking a little bit too much for my liking so this is my only other game that I'll be backing in tonight, One max bet, two medium bets and two small bets is more than enough for one night! Will be in loss if all lose but I don't expect them to.

Hopefully not or I'll have to eat grass for the rest of the week! Quite fond of the oul' grass though. :pac: Doing the Carlisle/Huddersfield game at the moment, three interesting bets in it so far, don't know what to stake though!

I guess small enough stakes since it's the start of a new season. Very hard to judge what will happen, even if you've managed to research their respective pre-season's!

Yeah it's not proper max bet territory yet, but decent sized stakes even still. I watch so much football that I know what teams are like from last season, Huddersfield were bloody brilliant! They're over-priced tonight and will hopefully prove that but being a cup competition anything could happen, I'm off out now to watch the Boro game so all the best with whatever you back tonight man. :)

Yeah it's not proper max bet territory yet, but decent sized stakes even still. I watch so much football that I know what teams are like from last season, Huddersfield were bloody brilliant! They're over-priced tonight and will hopefully prove that but being a cup competition anything could happen, I'm off out now to watch the Boro game so all the best with whatever you back tonight man. :)

Cheers, couldn't get Novak on PP...he's bound to score now!!!

Carlisle v Huddersfield(Bet365)[/COLOR]
    2pts - Lee Novak to score anytime @ 9/4 (Coral)[/B]

Cant see Lee Novak to score any time on pp:mad:

Cant see Lee Novak to score any time on pp:mad:

The market isn't up there, unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

Huddersfield 0-0 47mins gone :(

your accum could click though, waiting on Huddersfield and Rochdale, both 0-0.

Advertisement