Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pyro's 2010/11 Football Bets!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Raoul

Kod-box wrote: »
    Huddersfield 0-0 47mins gone :(

your accum could click though, waiting on Huddersfield and Rochdale, both 0-0.

Forest are only drawing 1-1 now though

But now Rochdale 1 up. Elding scored

EDIT - STUPID FOREST!!! huddersfield got a last min winner

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭chats

Get in Huddersfield!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

x PyRo wrote: »
    No reasoning for this, just a small away team accumulator for the crack!

Single bets up tomorrow.

All prices with Victor Chandler

Aldershot v Watford @ 23/20
    Barnsley v Rochdale @ 4/1
    Bradford v Nottm Forest @ 1/1
    Carlisle v Huddersfield @ 11/8
    Chesterfield v Middlesbrough @ 21/20

.30pts @ 104/1

So so unlucky mate. Was begging Forest to nick a goal for you!

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Keep your own bets talk to the Carling Cup Thread please. Posts moved.

Disaster! One of only a few games that end up unders I back overs!

Bloody Forest let down the 100/1 accumulator. :( I knew I should of done Rochdale in a single.

Nicky Bailey for the first time ever was a holding midfielder! Lost a nice bit on him, barely went forward at all.

Luckily Huddersfield won in the last couple of minutes, Novak didn't start so bet wasn't placed.

-4.80pts today.

Bank - 109.50pts (+9.50pts)

Bets - 15
    Wins - 6
    SR - 40%
    Staked - 36.30pts
    Returned - 45.80pts

(7:45pm - 11th of August)

Cardiff v Burton

I can only see one outcome here, and it's a big victory for the Welsh side. Burton were poor at the back last season conceding 71 goals in their league, they started off this season with a goalless draw against Oxford but this is obviously a much tougher task. New defender Darren Moore will miss out through injury for Burton and their right back Andrew Corbett is also a doubt. Jacques Maghoma will definitely miss out due to international duty with DR Congo. They are significantly weakened without those players and I can see the potent Cardiff attack running them ragged with the likes of Jay Bothroyd, Chris Burke & Chopra all likely to start.

Cardiff have got past this round in 7 of the last 8 years whilst Burton experienced the Carling Cup for the first time when losing 5-1 to Reading, I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar result here and the 7/2 (PaddyPower) available on Cardiff -2 Goals is extremely tempting and worth a few quid. They'll be forced to play a strong team as they've a very small squad due to being unable to purchase any players until recently and could only field 4 subs against Sheffield United. They've classy players like Peter Whittingham in midfield as a playmaker and Chris Burke on the wing is always a danger and usually good for a goal, at 11/4 (WillHill) to score anytime he looks decent value and worth a small bet should he start the game. Jason Koumas is struggling for fitness and isn't likely to be risked, Seyi Olofinjana has just signed on loan from Hull City but will not take any part in this game. All in all I can only see a comfortable Cardiff victory and will be having two bets and throwing them in an accumulator.

2pts - Cardiff -2 Goals @ 7/2 (PaddyPower)
    1pt - Chris Burke anytime* @ 11/4 (SkyBet)

*Bet NOT placed until teams announced.

• Advertisement

Just doing this accumulator, no more single bets tomorrow. No reasoning for them at the moment, all should prove too good for their opposition.

Cardiff v Burton @ 9/20
    Hartlepool v Sheffield Utd @ 6/5
    Torquay v Reading @ 6/5

2pts @ 6/1 (Sporting Bet)

Powers only go 4.9/1 for that. Scabby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭colly54

"Novak didn't start so bet wasn't placed."

How you manage that one?? Moneyback special?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Nice one Pyro. As for Cardiff, I think I'll take the -1 handicap myself. 13/10 is still a nice price, considering they're 2/5 to win the match.

colly54 wrote: »
    "Novak didn't start so bet wasn't placed."

How you manage that one?? Moneyback special?

When I got the team news obviously I didn't place the bet.

Edit: For anyone wondering, I use my phone to place these bets after I get the line ups, as I don't have SlySports in my house I was away watching the Boro game.

The Walsho wrote: »
    Nice one Pyro. As for Cardiff, I think I'll take the -1 handicap myself. 13/10 is still a nice price, considering they're 2/5 to win the match.

They should beat them well assuming Burton don't park the bus! -1 is a great price too, I just can't get over the 7/2 for them to win by 3 or more, seems very generous to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Heart.Desire

Monterosso? ;)

I'm also going to go for Cardiff -1 tomorrow. I was going to do an accumulator too but I won't bother.

He's a wonderful horse! ;) Seems to be loads I've been talking to from PL here too!

The -1 looks brilliant alright, can't get over the prices of both but I'm extremely greedy and want MOAR! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Jaysus, Cardiff at home, -2's is at 4.50/1!! Tryin' some of that! Puttin a bit on -1 too at 2.50/1!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭paulb06

Will definitely be on that too! Chris Burke is a quality player.

Chris Burke bet is on, he starts.

Cardiff City side to face Burton Albion:

Heaton, Matthews, John, Gerrard, Gyepes, Burke, Whittingham, Drinkwater, Rae, Bothroyd, Chopra (c).

Subs: Hudson, Quinn, Taiwo, Koumas, Wildig, McCormack, Jarvis.

Very optimistic!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Have 25 on -1. Finger crossed for a load of Cardiff goals :)

Here's hoping! Very strong team out.

Sheffield United gone 1 down, accy not looking good already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Unlucky Pyro :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

i did a accumulator
    england
    argentina
    wales
    czech
    south africa
    and your three in with them, was really hoping you would win , unlucky, would have been a nice pay day

Poor effort to say the least. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Poor effort to say the least. :(

I think I've put the blight on you...sorry about that!

It's my own fault for backing in a mickey mouse cup! I'll live and learn!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

It's my own fault for backing in a mickey mouse cup! I'll live and learn!

Ah yeah, the early rounds are very unpredictable.

Bank - 104.50pts (+4.50pts)

Bets - 18
    Wins - 6
    SR - 33%
    Staked - 41.30pts
    Returned - 45.80pts

Poor little run, my own fault for backing in the CC.

Going to clean up this weekend! :pac:

I hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

I'll be following your bets this weekend so i hope you do :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Going to put some sort of bet on this weekend.
    PLAN A - I'll keep an eye on this thread and see what pyro chooses
    PLAN B - Revert to plan A :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

In fairness, unless ye're absolutely oblivious to football and the game itself, I woouldn't just throw money on someone's picks.

Do some research, you might have a very different opinion on the games.

Isn't that right Pyro? :pac:

Good luck anyway, hopefully these crowd over the pond will earn us all a few shillings :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

yep. i know. i aint goin to jst throw money down on some team. i went all out this eve with a bet. €1 for getafe to win. . yay! :D

@13/10

Going to have to fly through my Saturday bets, I'm out from 4 or 5 tomorrow and won't get time to write out proper reasoning..

Tottenham vs Man City

Tight game to call but I'm expecting a good season for City and regardless of their poor record against Spurs they look the best value at 21/10. Both play good attacking football and I can see a few goals in this game so overs looks like a good bet to me. Gareth Bale and Adam Johnson interest me as anytime scorers and both are priced at 11/2 to score and I think they're both great prices. 4 bets in this game for me in what should be an open contest. Anytime scorer bets as always aren't placed until team news is available

3pts - Over 2.5 Goals @ 21/20 (Bet365)
    2pts - Man City to win @ 21/10 (Betfred)
    1pt - Gareth Bale anytime @ 11/2 (WillHill)
    1pt - Adam Johnson anytime @ 11/2 (WillHill)

Aston Villa vs West Ham

Nothing catching the eye too much here, just going to have a small bet on West Ham new boy Pablo Barrera to score anytime, he's a lightening fast winger with a decent scoring record and if he starts on the right I think he can get at Stephen Warnock who I feel is vulnerable to these kind of players and at 7/1 he looks a big price.

1pt - Pablo Barrera anytime @ 7/1 (ExtraBet)

Blackburn v Everton

Only the one bet again, Blackburn rarely lose at home and are very good defensively, Everton are usually solid away from home and I can see these two cancelling each other out, possibly a 1-1 draw and I'll be putting a small bet on that score and a larger bet on the draw.

4pts - Blackburn/Everton draw @ 21/10 (VC)
    1pt - Correct score 1-1 @ 6/1 (BlueSQ)

Now a few lower league bets, no reasoning because I'm in a rush!

Derby vs Cardiff - 2pts @ 2/1 (Ladbrokes)
    Millwall vs Hull - 3pts @ 6/4 (Bet365)
    Brighton vs Rochdale - 1pt @ 9/2 (PaddyPower)
    Northampton vs Accrington - 1pt @ 4/1 (SkyBet)

Total Staked - 20pts

A bit too much money layed out by me this weekend but I usually play with 20% of my bank every footballing weekend, hopefully doesn't backfire. I'm avoiding the accumulators this weekend, that's a first. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

agree with the over 2.5 goals in the Spurs match.
    also reckon the same bet in the wigan/blackpool match is worth a shot with similar odds.

Think with the disarray at Villa and a few injuries west ham might nick it.

Advertisement