Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pyro's 2010/11 Football Bets!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

7/2 now for Milner AGS on PP not gonna do it

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

No luck again. He played well but didn't take a single shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Damn, unlucky man. Could've sworn you said Barry so I was delighted for you when he scored :(

Set up by Milner too. :( Ah well, bound to run good again soon! Can't get much worse than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭fkiely

x PyRo wrote: »
    Set up by Milner too. :( Ah well, bound to run good again soon! Can't get much worse than this.

It'll pick up for you soon mate. I was going through an awful patch myself around two weeks ago, couldn't pick a winner for love nor money. Depressing stuff. However since the middle of last week it's finally begun to pick up again. Stick at it mate and the best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

fkiely wrote: »
    It'll pick up for you soon mate. I was going through an awful patch myself around two weeks ago, couldn't pick a winner for love nor money. Depressing stuff. However since the middle of last week it's finally begun to pick up again. Stick at it mate and the best of luck.

I'm getting winners, just not enough to fully cover my losers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

Pyro, did you bet in a PP shop ? Don't throw the docket, the FS bet will be refunded cos Tevez scored last.....

ghosttown wrote: »
    Pyro, did you bet in a PP shop ? Don't throw the docket, the FS bet will be refunded cos Tevez scored last.....

I done it online and it's down as lose. Cheers for the info mate.

Thanks Fkiely, hopefully it'll pick up, can't pick anything decent at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Even online you should get the FGS refund
    Man City v Liverpool
    As Tevez scored last, we have refunded all losing 1st /last goalscorer, correct score & scorecast singles on this match.

I'll get onto them on live help now, cheers dude. This isn't the first time they haven't paid me back on specials. I rarely use them though.

Just a few quickies for tonight, wasn't going to have any singles but I got too tempted.

Millwall vs Middlesbrough - 2pts @ 6/4 (Bet365)

Millwall are usually very good at home and have looked good so far this season. They're likely to field a good enough team to beat Boro who have lots of injuries and their attentions will be on the league more so than a cup run. I expect Millwall should be too good for them and home advantage will certainly help.

Crewe vs Ipswich - 3pts @ 6/5 (Betfred)

Ipswich look a good price to me here against lower league opposition. Jason Scotland is in line to make his debut for them today and I'd say he'll bag a goal or two, he has an extremely good record from Championship level downwards and the Crewe defenders might struggle to get to grips with him. He's likely to be the lone front-man with Ipswich crowding the midfield with their 4-5-1 formation and I think they should win comfortably here. Ipswich have a good record against Crewe, winning 9 of their last 15 meetings and have only lost 3 times.

MK Dons vs Blackpool - 5pts @ 7/5 (Bet365)

Blackpool are streets ahead of MK Dons who are distinctly average now. Blackpool have a small squad so will be fielding a strong enough team. Holloway makes his team play nice attractive attacking football and they should have too much for the League 1 team and at 7/5 they look great value and a max bet for me. Risky in the Carling Cup but Blackpool's only hope of success this season is a cup run and their team is far better than MK Dons'.

Treble on the above.

1pt @ 12.6 (Bet365)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Good luck tonight pyro,I'll be going against you though,have middlesborough in a stupid accum that doesn't stand a chance :P

Cheers man, hopefully one of us win and it's not a draw. :p

Powers refunded me, said it was a "glitch in the system". I bet it was! Sly feckers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Aw well mine is already finished.
    Thank you Bremen,haha,wouldn't have backed them if I knew that their best players were out.
    Hope Boro get turned over so for ya,tomorrow is another day anyway.

Millwall win.

Ipswich draw 0-0 despite numerous chances.

Blackpool draw 3-3, 2 disallowed goals and hit the post numerous times. Can't defend for their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Great thread man, been following it since the beginning. What will ya have on for tomorrow night?

Great thread man, been following it since the beginning. What will ya have on for tomorrow night?

Not sure if you're messing or not. :pac: It has been terrible so far. :(

I was thinking of a treble on -

Newcastle to beat Accrington @ 4/9
    Everton/Hudders Under 2.5 Goals @ 5/4
    Fulham to beat Port Vale @ 4/11

Pays 3.43/1 on Bet365 which looks like a good price to me.

With my luck of late that'll be completely off the mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

100% genuine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Hughton will be sending out a fair few kids tonight just to tell you. Vuckic, Tavernier, Inman etc.
    We should still win but knowing the cup, we could crash out.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭mookie2007

Right Pyro - Waiting for your bets. This is the week when your luck will turn. I can feel it in my blood - an avalanche of bets will come in this weekend. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

mookie2007 wrote: »
    Right Pyro - Waiting for your bets. This is the week when your luck will turn. I can feel it in my blood - an avalanche of bets will come in this weekend. ;)

Really? :eek: OJ! :pac:
    Come on Pyro lad, money to be made in League 1 & 2 this week me thinks! :)

• Advertisement

mookie2007 wrote: »

Thanks very much mookie. :) Here's hoping. I'll have all my bets up at some stage tonight, could really do with a change in luck with this and the horses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

hey Pyro,

Just wondering if you ever did or saw this bet.
    In boyles they have a soccer coupon where you can bet on if both teams will score in a game.
    For this weekends selections of games 4 results is 6/1, 5 results 10/1, 6 results 18/1 and 7 results 32/1.

Im not great at football betting and usually stay away from it but this looks like good value to me. If a good defensive team is playing a poor attacking team at home then they should keep a clean sheet. I know its not as easy as that but with a bit of knowledge of teams you could make good selections. I have no knowledge so im just going for the obvious.

For tomorrow i was looking at
    Man Utd vs West Ham Both teams not to score
    Chelsea vs Stoke Both teams not to score
    Rangers vs St johnstone Both teams not to score
    Spurs vs Wigan Both teams not to score

10 euro returns 70

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

x PyRo wrote: »
    Thanks very much mookie. :) Here's hoping. I'll have all my bets up at some stage tonight, could really do with a change in luck with this and the horses.

One word Pryo... DIRAR! Once again bud thanks for that tip a while back
    :pac: What was he again, 14/1 ??:eek: G'luck at the weekend:cool:

CM, I'll get back to you on that one, not mad on those bets as it's quite easy to score in soccer, a small mistake can cost you big time and I'm not gone on the odds.

Cheers Fowler, could do with a Dirar like performance tomorrow from all my bets. :pac: I need it asap!

Saturday Bets:

Blackpool vs Fulham

Fulham have a brilliant record when these teams have faced, winning 6 out of the last 7 ties between them and Blackpool have only won one of the last 7 home games in which they've faced Fulham, I'm expecting similar results today with Fulham coming out on top by a couple of goals. They won easily against Port Vale in the Carling Cup and confidence will be high, Blackpool on the other hand struggled against the MK Dons drawing 3-3 and going on to lose 4-3 after extra time. They were hammered 6-0 by Arsenal last weekend and look very vulnerable at the back. I expect the speed of Moussa Dembele to trouble them and at 9/4 (Ladbrokes) he looks a big price to score anytime during the game.

Over 2.5 goals is something I expect should come in also, both teams can attack quite well, Blackpool can't defend and Fulham are prone to the odd defensive lapse and at Evens (Bet365) that also looks quite a good bet, especially since there has been 10 goals in both of Blackpool's games to date. Fulham are quite nifty up front too and should be able to put them to the sword if Blackpool go one down and have to attack. It should be an entertaining game with Fulham hopefully coming out on top.

Over 2.5 Goals - 3pts @ 1/1 (Bet365)
    Dembele anytime - 2pts @ 9/4 (Ladbrokes)
    Fulham (-1) - 1pt @ 7/2 (PaddyPower)

More to come!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Well going by the theory that since you haven't had a winner for a while you're due one in the near future, I'm following you on that overs bet ;)

Hopefully dude, the penny has to rise again at some stage. :pac:

Wolves vs Newcastle

Wolves are a team I expect big things from this season, they've started well with a good home victory over Stoke and got a well earned draw at Everton who are an extremely good side. They have an excpetionally good record in this fixture having won 4 and drawn 1 out of the last 5 encounters between these sides. I'm expecting the trends to continue and Wolves to gain victory over the Toon Army. Newcastle will obviously be on a high from beating Villa 6-0 at home but a trip to Molinuex is no easy task and with the Wolverhampton side being extremely competent defensively and reasonably potent in attack I feel they will just edge this encounter by the odd goal. Wolves are best priced at 3/4 Draw No Bet (ExtraBet) and I feel that's a very generous price considering they're extremely solid at home and tough to beat.

They've been boosted by the return young Michael Mancienne who has re-signed with them from Chelsea and with star striker Steven Fletcher and solid midfield anchorman Karl Henry both overcoming injuries to be fit for the tie they couldn't be in better shape. Newcastle have no injury worries of their own but I feel St James' Park is a fortress for them and any time they're away from home they'll be vulnerable, especially when playing in a stadium like Molineux, where it's a hostile environment and the crowd acts like a 12th man. I'm all over this draw no bet for Wolves and think it's a generous price and worth of a maximum bet.

Newcastle strike me as a team who are weak from corners, Coloccini and Williamson aren't the best in the air in my opinion and at corners and free kicks they could be caught out, therefore the 10/1 (PaddyPower) on Jody Craddock to score anytime is a tempting price and worthy of a small bet, he's a danger from corners and free kicks and chipped in with numerous goals last season for Mick McCarthy's side. He hasn't got off the mark yet but with the likes of Jones' dead ball abilities and the long throws of Van Damme I feel that 10/1 is a very good price for a man who's a potent threat in the air.

Wolves to win (DNB) - 5pts @ 3/4 (ExtraBet)
    Craddock anytime - 1pt @ 10/1 (PaddyPower)

Now for the quick fire ones.

Derby vs QPR

Originally I though Derby would have a good season, I backed them in their first game and since then they've lost twice. QPR have started very well, winning all 3 games and in the mean time scoring 9 and conceding nothing. They look good and at 7/5 they look great value despite being the away team. They won 3-0 away from home at Sheffield United who are a good team in my opinion and Derby lost 2-1 at home to Cardiff who are about on a par with Rangers. Derby are likely to miss Rob Hulse who is struggling with injury and Luke Varney has moved to Blackpool. Chris Porter is also a major doubt which means their left back may end up playing up front. QPR have no such problems and the only doubt remains over whether Fitz Hall plays but he's not much of a loss especially after Matt Connolly playing so well against Scunthorpe. QPR should win and I'm having a medium bet on them.

QPR to win - 3pts @ 7/5 (Bet365)

Doncaster vs Hull

Doncaster are a far superior team in my opinion, they got hammered by Cardiff but Cardiff are very good at home and were unstoppable on the day, previously they drew against Bristol City and beat Preston 2-0 away from home. They're usually very good at home and against a side who haven't won away from home in 25 games and haven't scored in their last two league games they should really be winning this game. Hull got hammered 4-0 by Millwall on their last away trip in the Championship, there also hasn't been an away victory between these teams in the last 14 seasons. Billy Sharp is a doubt for Doncaster but he should be OK to play will Hull are missing Mr. Reliable (Joke), Paul McShane. Hull lost midweek against lower league opposition and look in disarray, they will find it tough here and Doncaster look the value at 5/4.

Doncaster to win - 2pts @ 5/4 (Boylesports)

One last one..

Portsmouth v Cardiff

Portsmouth are in disarray altogether, no money for new players, a tiny squad of average players and already have had a poor start to the season, losing twice and only drawing once. They look certain to be fighting it out at the bottom of the table and I expect to see them beaten here. To make things worse David Nugent is struggling to be fit after twisting his ankle and John Utaka is also a big doubt. Chopra and Blake are likely to miss out for Cardiff but Andy Keogh has recently signed on loan and is likely to make his debut and he's excellent at this level and should prove a threat to the Pompey back-line with his energetic all action style and quality finishing. In the last eight meetings Pompey have only won once, they lost 1-0 to Preston last time out who are a poor team and this will be much tougher against a Cardiff team full of confidence after a 4-0 win against Doncaster and the recent signing of Craig Bellamy. Jay Bothroyd has found his shooting boots this season also and will prove a big thread to the Portsmouth defense and if I hadn't staked so much of the bank already I'd be looking at him to score anytime at 11/5 with Coral. Cardiff, despite being the away team, should really win this game and look a massive price to me at 11/8 and I'll be snapping that up with a medium bet.

Cardiff to win - 3pts @ 11/8 (Ladbrokes)

Total Staked - 20pts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

I think OPR and Cardiff are great prices too so i think i may have a double on them. 2pts

Just an update on my new bet of teams to both score/not to score. I have gone for the following games, chelsea wigan, man u west ham, rangers st johnstone, aberdeen kilmarnock, both teams not to score. 1 pt at 6/1

I have also gone for qpr, man city and celtic all to be winning at half time at 13/1. 1 pt

Sorry for thread jacking, just wanted to get feedback on the new bet type.

• Advertisement

No problem at all mate, I just think it's a very tough bet to get right. Football is a fickle old sport and it's not easy to get right at all, never mind predicting 4 teams to keep a clean sheet, for the returns I certainly think in the long run it's not worthwhile. I'd rather pick out 4 teams to win @ 6/1 for a four-fold. That's just me though, I don't think I would be able to make a good go of it, you may well able to be. I can't make a go of anything at the moment so pass no heed on what I say!

Advertisement