Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cavendish & Team SKY

• 06-08-2010 7:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭

What a difference a year makes - If you cast your mind back 12 months the cycling press were full of stories about when, rather than if Cav would head 'home' to Team SKY. Is it just me or is there a deafening silence from said T.S. on the matter? This time last year they were full of hot air about all they were going to do, win/achieve etc & waving their cheque book around.

Cav had, last year, one year left on his contract - I presume he's re-signing/staying put at HTC. Personally, I'd say he thinks he's lucky he stayed put rather than jump ship to T.S.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

What a difference a year makes - If you cast your mind back 12 months the cycling press were full of stories about when, rather than if Cav would head 'home' to Team SKY. Is it just me or is there a deafening silence from said T.S. on the matter? This time last year they were full of hot air about all they were going to do, win/achieve etc & waving their cheque book around.

Cav had, last year, one year left on his contract - I presume he's re-signing/staying put at HTC. Personally, I'd say he thinks he's lucky he stayed put rather than jump ship to T.S.

Need better doctors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,460 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

brailsford was trying to say that he would set up the team for cav and wiggo (not sure how). i would guess approaches were made and cav decided to stay with a sprint focused team IMO he would be crazy to leave htc even if they offered him a lorry load of cash

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

tunney wrote: »
    Need better doctors.

Dr Roger Palfreeman is Sky's and GB cycling doctor.

If you google him you'll see he has no connection at all to any dodgy practices yet has almost 20 years experience in cycling as a doctor.

I think Tunney you're suggesting they need a different style of doctor , one which I think you'd agree would be quite worse..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

was the treatment Cav received (after/on the way home) from the Olympics by British cycling not part of the reason why he didnt jump ship to Sky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Don't think they would be a good fit in HTC they set the team up for him sky seem to be more interested in getting someone (Wiggans) on the podium don't think u can do both, go for 5/6 sprint stage wins and get someone on the podium.
    Mike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

tunney wrote: »
    Need better doctors.

I don't know what you mean by this. It's implying either

A) cav's on the sauce
    B) wiggo was on the sauce
    C) sky aren't on the sauce and everyone else is

I don't think either one of them is right, I didn't see how this Sky team fitted together for the purpose it was built. If we look at other GT contender teams they've got a lot of strong climbers, a wise road captain and some good super domestiques. I don't see sky comparing well to Astana, Liquigas or Saxo on that score. They didn't go hard enough in the Giro and couldn't go in the Tour which shows a naviety. I think if thought thru their objectives they should have looked at the giro or vuelta for gc position and the tour for stage wins.

Advertisement