Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

star tatoos

Options
  • 06-08-2010 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭

whats the story with girls who have star tatoos, sometimes singular and sometimes in groups of threes. any hidden meaning?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I've moved your post here from F&A and this is the place you'll get an accurate answer rather then just speculation.
    Are you tempted go get inked?

/Waves to the nice mods of T&P - except Damo...and Will.:p

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

OldGoat wrote: »
    I've moved your post here from F&A and this is the place you'll get an accurate answer rather then just speculation.

thanks. I thought it could be a fashion statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Fuinseog wrote: »
    whats the story with girls who have star tatoos, sometimes singular and sometimes in groups of threes. any hidden meaning?
    Some people get the stars for purely asthetic reasons, because they simply like the look of them. Others attach various meanings to their stars, usually to represent important people in their life, or those that have passed on.
    OldGoat wrote: »

*glares*
    ¬_¬

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

I have 3 stars on the curve of my shoulder blade leading up to my neck. I got them solely because I like the look of them.

I know a lot of girls have them, but I think the placement of mine is unusual :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭NikNakOoo

thanks. I thought it could be a fashion statement.

Each to their own. :)

Mine is a pentagram and has personal meaning (represents my faith and I believe in its symbolism.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I'm thinking up of a few rough ideas for a tattoo that I won't be getting for at least a year and a half and I'm strongly considering getting a star(s) in it somewhere, I just love the look of them, especially these ones.

sp1041_450.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

A tattoo I'd been thinking about (but have disgarded the idea now) was vaguely star-shaped.
    Problem with this is that on my freckly skin the details get lost.
    crop-circle1.jpg

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭sophie1234

i have six stars in total and for no reason but purely because i love stars!! people always ask me what they mean! i have 3 nautical stars around my the bottom of my leg and 3 stars going from my wrist up! they dont have to mean something always alot of people just like them!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I have 4 stars around my treble cleff tattoo. No particular reason for them, just the treble cleff didn't look quite right on it's own to me so got a few stars put around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

It's different for everyone, like with any tattoo. Some people get them for aesthetic reasons, and some for personal. I do like star tattoos although there's so many about I think I'd like to get something a bit different. My friend is getting a star made out of musical notes soon. It's a really cool design and has personal meaning to her. It just suits her really well also. Personally I wouldn't get a tattoo that didn't have some personal meaning or represent something for me but that's just what I look for in a tattoo. Many people get them for simply aesthetic reasons and that's fine too. As someone said earlier, each to their own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

I think stars are stupid tacky and overdone.

says the man with a set of bleedin wings as his only tattoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 xadacka

I have 23 star tattoos... Just because they look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 clairebearxxx

ive 35 stars tattoed on my side so not sure why most girls would get would get 1 or 3

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

Others attach various meanings to their stars, usually to represent important people in their life

Spot on for me damo. 5 stars on my forearm. each one represents a member of my immediate family

Mother/Father/Brother1/Brother2/Sister

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Ive 5 on my leg, one star for each european cup Liverpool have won(They are under a Liverbird)

Advertisement