Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Specialized Tricross Sport

• 06-08-2010 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

How is reliability on this model and anything that needs extra attention.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

The Tricross is a solid, dependable, stable bike.

As with all cyclocross bikes the brakes are likely to be somewhat compromised by the huge tyre clearances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

The brakes on cyclo-cross bikes are currently cantilever. I'm guessing this will soon all change to disc brakes now the rules have changed. Indeed you can get a cycle-cross like bike now with disks. That said I have no problems with cantilever on my MTB now I have them adjusted properly. Always fancied a cyclo-cross like the Tricross or similar for commuting. Not that I need it for commuting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

BostonB wrote: »
    The brakes on cyclo-cross bikes are currently cantilever. I'm guessing this will soon all change to disc brakes now the rules have changed. Indeed you can get a cycle-cross like bike now with disks. That said I have no problems with cantilever on my MTB now I have them adjusted properly. Always fancied a cyclo-cross like the Tricross or similar for commuting. Not that I need it for commuting.
    I'm seriously considering getting a disc x-bike for commuting when they come available. Having comuted during the ice back in Jan/Feb with my MTB and loved the power of disc brakes in the wet, I definitely think its the way forward. Besides, i feel a case of upgradeitis coming on, my commute bike is 3-and-a-bit years old now.

oh I see eurocycles have the mares disc!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

kenmc wrote: »
    I'm seriously considering getting a disc x-bike for commuting when they come available. Having comuted during the ice back in Jan/Feb with my MTB and loved the power of disc brakes in the wet, I definitely think its the way forward. Besides, i feel a case of upgradeitis coming on, my commute bike is 3-and-a-bit years old now.

The Planet-X Uncle John has mounts for disc brakes I think, so maybe they'll be offering that variant once cross season approaches.

This looks good value, maybe. Probably under a €1k delivered.

Focus Mares Disc is €1300 from Eurocycles. Not cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Don't look at this then...Genesis Day One Alfine
    http://road.cc/content/news/20605-genesis-unveil-2011-bikes-icebike

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 cornishpasty

I have had a tricross sport for 12 months now and love it. For me it's a one stop shop and I use it for triathlon, sunday spins, commuting and it came into its own on Gaelforce West able for on and offroad sections. I've had no problems with reliability. Some complain of judder from the front canti brake, but this has never affected me.

Advertisement