Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Vegas Help ( Novice )

Options
  • 06-08-2010 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi guys i've just started to use Vegas 8.0 and i can't seem to get rid of the black trim at the bottom and top of the video. I've set the background to white but there doesn't seem to be much difference?

Cheers guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

Hi

I am also a novice with Sony Vegas so I'm not at all sure about this but I think you should make sure that the project's video size (See template in project properties) matches the size of the clip which you imported.

If they are different sizes or at least are different ratios then Vegas will add black bars to top and bottom to compensate. This would avoid the video being stretched out of proportion.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Hi Carrollj,

Go to file/new project, when the project properties appear, to the right of template (in the top right corner) there is a folder icon, click on that and the 'open file' browser will appear, find the clip you're using and click on it, the project will then be matched perfectly to your media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

do you know websites who gives sony vegas turorials? thanks! :)

Youtube is by far one of the best places.

What line of work are you in?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Just a quick question guys,if i have several clips imported into sony vegas at the one time,is there a way I can edit just one without affecting the others?
    Like if I split one it won't split the one directly below it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

You need to ungroup them, default key U.

• Advertisement

Another quick question,say when i'm a watching a video in the preview window,is there a way to slow down the playback speed?
    As in there's a specific part i want to put a marker on but its playing too fast to do so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Another quick question,say when i'm a watching a video in the preview window,is there a way to slow down the playback speed?
    As in there's a specific part i want to put a marker on but its playing too fast to do so

J, K,and L can be used to play the timeline. J = play backwards. K = Stop. L = Play forwards. If you press L twice it will play faster, three times, play faster again etc.

To play slowly, hold K and then press L. This will play it very slowly. Hold K and press L again and it'll play a little quicker, but still fairly slow.

However, if you're looking to pick one particular point to cut/place a marker; zoom in onto the timeline and use the left and right arrow keys to move along the footage. If zoomed in, this moves it frame by frame.

So I've being using .m2ts files in sony vegas pro 11 and being editing them no problem.Recently I recorded a file in .mp4 and when I imported that in the aspect ratio was completely wrong(it changed from 1280x720 to 720x480).Intially I thought I had recorded it wrong but when i played it in windows media player it was fine.
    So will I just have to stick to .m2ts?

Advertisement