Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

goethe institut dublin

Options
  • 06-08-2010 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hi
    I would like to take a german course, and the whole self-learning from a book isn't doing it for me. So I'm looking at enrolling with these guys.
    I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with them as the course is expensive enough so I'd like to know!

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭sodabread

I just finished one of the semi-intensive summer courses in the goethe institut. I'm pleased I did it and imo it certainly was a better alternative than self directed learning.

The prices are a bit steep although on the whole I feel it was money well spent. Smallish class (12 people), friendly and very helpful teacher and a positive learning environment. Recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

I have studied there in the past. Really well organised and they prepare you really well for the European Framework exams. They also have a very good library that you can use if you sign up to the classes. It is expensive though, however when you break it down I think you do get your value for money....its just really hard paying it out in one go!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Yes I was looking at places like languagewise but once I added up the hours, goethe was much much better value!

thanks for the replies, I'm going to go ahead and do it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Empire o de Sun

They are good. but the price goes up by 20 euro every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 tekken021

bluewolf wrote: »
    Hi
    I would like to take a german course, and the whole self-learning from a book isn't doing it for me. So I'm looking at enrolling with these guys.
    I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with them as the course is expensive enough so I'd like to know!

thanks

Link to the course you were thinking of doing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

http://www.goethe.de/ins/ie/dub/lrn/prf/sd1/enindex.htm
    I think it's that one - one is for kids and one isn't
    and it's an extensive course:
    http://www.goethe.de/ins/ie/dub/lrn/deu/ext/enindex.htm

Advertisement