Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phone contract get out ?????

Options
  • 06-08-2010 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭

is it possible to buy out of a contract i have an iphone 3gs with o2 but i want to leave o2 and go with another network is it possible if im still within contract ???
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

davy_b wrote: »
    is it possible to buy out of a contract i have an iphone 3gs with o2 but i want to leave o2 and go with another network is it possible if im still within contract ???

normally you have to pay the remainder of you contract ie if you have 6 months left you have to pay 6 months worth of min payments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭travnett

you can get out of your contract like the previous poster said i.e buy your way out of it or if o2 decide to change their terms and conditions then you have the possibility under EU regulation to end your contract without penalty. Hope this helps
    Under Regulation 17 of the European Communities (Electronic Communications Networks and Services) (Universal Services and Users' Rights) Regulations 2003, an operator shall, not less than one month prior to the date of implementation of any proposed modification, notify its subscribers to that service of the proposed modification in the conditions of the contract for that service and their right to withdraw without penalty from such contract if they do not accept the modification.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

travnett wrote: »
    you can get out of your contract like the previous poster said i.e buy your way out of it or if o2 decide to change their terms and conditions then you have the possibility under EU regulation to end your contract without penalty. Hope this helps

There was a chance in June to cancel your contract if you were on the new advance plans but that had to be completed by July 12. You will have to buy your contract off now.

Advertisement