Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Xbox 360 console price?

• 06-08-2010 10:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭

Looking at buying an xbox, just wondering if 123 euros with the following games You're in the Movies, Forza Motorsports 3 and Scene It is a reasonable price? Has one joypad.

This is just the console version. Is there much difference between this and the elite/pro? Can I just plug another hd into the console version?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

No way thats a terrible price you'd get a brand new arcade model for 150 and it not going to break all the older models of the xbox 360 are very unreliable.
    Only buy preowned ones from a shop with a warrarnty
    There is no difference between any of the 360 models except that some come with a hard drive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Xcellor

No way thats a terrible price you'd get a brand new arcade model for 150 and it not going to break all the older models of the xbox 360 are very unreliable.
    Only buy preowned ones from a shop with a warrarnty
    There is no difference between any of the 360 models except that some come with a hard drive

Sorry I should have specified the price above is a new system.

So arcade has hdmi out connection then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

how'd you manage to swing that price for a new console.
    Buy it you wont get a better price than that.
    Ya arcade has hdmi all the xbox 360 models are the exact same on the inside except for the slim.
    The only difference is the harddrive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

May be worth shelling out that little bit extra for a slim model. Played it a friends house. I brought down my chunky PRO and compared it.

The difference in noise is immense. Barely any noise from the slim model compared to mine, smaller and in terms of looks, it looks good.

In Xtravision they're offering a slim console, HDMI cable and any game for €264.99

Argos are offering the console on it's own for €239.99

Personally myself though, if I was buying an Xbox for the first time I'd hold out until September for the slim Halo Reach console. €330 for two controllers, the limited edition Halo Reach console and Halo Reach game.

That's just me though.

My mate already had an Xbox so games weren't a problem so he went to Argos and bought the slim on its own. If you're doing that then maybe you could pick up a cheap game there too like Arkham Asylum which is €22.99 in Argos now but it's not far off the Xtravison price which includes an HDMI cable and any new release game.

If you're looking for a cheap option then an old bulky Xbox is the way to go but I personally would shell out more for a slim console.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tommy_irish23

bad thing about the slim is it gets fair dusty fair fast not to mention its a fingerprint magnet.
    i have 3 consoles side by side ( one slim one arcade and one mw2 ed) and the slim is the only one gathering dust.

to the op, you should weigh up what you will be needing i.e. will you connect to xbox live wirelessly if so your arcade will need wifi adapter (50-80e) and will you be downloading dlc if so hdd is necessary (20-90e)

so to sum it up arcade with accessories equals 123+70+90=283e
    compared to slim i seen the other day hmv 224e(250gb hdd and wireless n built in).
    Also slim is 135w power supply so its more efficient.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

bad thing about the slim is it gets fair dusty fair fast not to mention its a fingerprint magnet.
    i have 3 consoles side by side ( one slim one arcade and one mw2 ed) and the slim is the only one gathering dust.

Dusting helps!:p

Only kidding, my slim is tucked away in a cabinet so I can't see the dust that I know is there!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tommy_irish23

Dusting helps!:p

Only kidding, my slim is tucked away in a cabinet so I can't see the dust that I know is there!
    tut tut....sounds like my gf :) lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

Great price

Advertisement