Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voltwad's Footie Tips 2010/11

Options
  • 06-08-2010 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭

Going to start my own tips thread as I've done rather well over the summer with the LOI and the World Cup. I like to do accumulators and aim for the big windfalls so stick with me and you should make profit come season end!

This weekend marks the beginning of the NPower Championship, League 1 and 2 as well as the usual LOI football occuring. My accumulator for this week looks like this

Sligo to win (-1) - 17/10 The Bit O'Red travel to play the Airtricity League's whipping boys, Bray Wanderers. An early goal should see this bet as a formality. Most clubs (with the exception of my beloved Shamrock Rovers) put at least 2 past Bray and they have struggled to score this season.

St. Pats to win (-1) - 11/10 Athletic return home to Richmond Park on the back of a solid display against league holders Bohemians and should have too much for this Drogheda side who were recently beaten at home by Bray.

Derry City to win (-1) - 15/8 As the Candystripes run away with the First Division, this one is a home banker.

Reading to win - 4/7 Scunthorpe are Reading's visitors on the opening day of the Championship. They have lost their talisman Gary Hooper to Celtic and I expect them to come away empty handed against a side who improved towards the end of last season and who should mount a challenge for a playoff place this time around.

QPR to win - 4/6
    Rangers did the double over Barnsley last season and I expect them to kick their season off with a victory here. New names in line for a debut include Paddy Kenny, Bradley Orr, Shaun Derry, Clint Hill, Leon Clarke and Jamie Mackie. Fitz Hall takes over as club captain.

Coventry to win - 13/10
    Poor Pompey start life back in the second tier with a tricky away tie to the Ricoh Arena where new boss Aidy Boothroyd will be looking to win his first home game. City boast the recruitment of old boys Gary McSheffrey and Lee Carsley to boot. A tight game but I can see Coventry edging Pompey out on this occasion.

€10 bet @ 98.47 returns €984.47

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Now or Never

Your first bet looks very appealing to me. I may very well follow your tip, though I may leave out one handicap. I'll see after I do some research.

Good luck with your log! I'll definitely be keeping a close eye on your log.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Cheers man, I've requested to have it moved to the challenges/logs section. Should have put it there to begin with :/

Missed last week as I was away in the UK but I'm back this week to hopefully get my first win of the season. I'm going with a treble this week.

Dundalk v Bohemians - Over 2.5 goals (11/10) I expect there to be goals at Oriel Park tonight. Bohemians need to come and try win the game and they should do so. 2-1 or 3-1 to Bohemians I expect will render this part successful.

Livingston to beat Airdrie Utd - (-1) handicap (9/5) After their demotion to the bottom tier of Scottish football, Livingston won promotion from the third division with ease. They won last week and should win their first home game of the season. Hopefully they can do so convincingly.

Arsenal to beat Blackpool - (-3) handicap (11/4) The first game of the season at the Emirates Stadium will surely see Arsenal record a victory over the Tangerines. The only question is by how much. I reckon at least 4.

This treble returns odds of just over 22/1 with Paddy Power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Feckin forgot about this til now, looks like I should have been followin ya. Next time shur :)

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Feckin forgot about this til now, looks like I should have been followin ya. Next time shur :)
    Livingston let me down, they only won 2-1. Very close this week :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Feckers. Next weekend shur!

This weekend's punt is as follows! I'm back attacking the handicap betting. Staying away from LOI this weekend, no real value there with the FAI Cup taking place.

Rangers to win -1
    Fulham to win -1
    Chelsea to win -2
    Spurs to win -2

All four teams playing well and with the opposition being St. Johnstone, Blackpool, Stoke City and Wigan Athletic respectively, it's a good punt returning odds of just over 34/1

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Best of luck with the thread mate. Hope it goes to plan. :)

I've a sneaky feeling about this one. Omens are good with Rangers and Chelsea scoring for fun, Wigan leaking like there's no tomorrow and Fulham looking strong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

i backed it voltad with my own bookiers good price , could do with a winner
    COME ON !!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Looks like a decent bet, best of luck

Absolute disaster yesterday. Not one of them came through :( Day of shocks all round though so I'm not too disheartened. Hope a few of ye will stick with me

My bets for this week are dependant on a lot of goals being leaked by the minnows of International football. Here we have a five part accumulator.

UCD to beat Drogheda - 5/6

Spain to beat Lichtenstein (-3) - 5/6

Holland to beat San Marino (-4) - evens

Bosnia & Herzegovina to beat Luxembourg (-2) - 7/4

Russia to beat Andorra (-3) - evens

All of these matches take places on Fruday 3rd September so get down to the bookies quick if you fancy a punt :)

This quintet returns odds of just under 37/1 in Paddy Power.

Hopefully something to cheer about at the fourth time of asking this week.

Bohs, Waterford to win -1
    Cork to win -2
    Over 2.5 goals in St. Pats v Shamrock Rovers

As an accumulator returns odds of 24/1

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Very nice accum, Bohs -1 would be the only one I'd be afraid of.

Very nice accum, Bohs -1 would be the only one I'd be afraid of.
    UCD have fallen by the wayside of late. I think Bohs will win, just a question of whether they can grab a cushion.

Hit the bar last week. Sticking to the LOI this week.

Bohs -2
    Wexford -1
    Shels -1

Returns odds of 18/1

This week I'm confident of a win, has to be the week :)

Returning odds of about 24/1 I fancy Bohs to beat Bray -2 and for Rovers and Dundalk to chalk up wins -1

Bad time of it last week. Turning my attention to International games. Here's a tasty little treble for y'all. Feedback welcome

Bosnia & Herzegovina to beat Albania (6/5)
    Georgia to beat Malta -1 (evens)
    Bulgaria to beat Wales -1 (11/2)

Returns odds of about 28/1

Hopefully Wales will be as awful as usual. Georgia should be a formality and I reckon Djeko and Co. will have too much for Albania.

Advertisement