Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starter for Fish Pie Main

Options
  • 06-08-2010 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    will be cooking dinner for about 8 to 9 people in a few weeks. Plan on serving Jamie Oliver's fabulous fish pie as a main course with a lemon and lime sorbet just before that. Followed by a variety of home made ice creams and meringue.

Could anyone suggest a suitable starter? I was thinking of a tomatoe consumme or a roasted tomatoe soup. Obviously nothing too fiddly as there's so many people to serve.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

How about something simple such as a bruschetta with tomatoes,onions,mozerlla and a nice balsalmic dressing? I love it myself before anything :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

Thanks! Was thinking along the same lines myself.

There are some people with coeliac attending so I thought I could substitute the bread with thick slices of grilled aubergine?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Thanks! Was thinking along the same lines myself.

There are some people with coeliac attending so I thought I could substitute the bread with thick slices of grilled aubergine?

The Aubergine sounds like a great idea..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

I just discovered a fantastic gluten-free bread. The brand is Genius and the main ingredients are potato starch and corn starch. It is absolutely - delicious, just like normal bread. It comes in a full loaf which you can slice to your own preference.

You can buy it in Dunnes.

You could toast slices of that for bruschetta for your coeliac friends, with a little garlic and olive oil (and of course the usual tomato toppings). Not exactly authentic, but delicious! And trust me, they'll appreciate it!

Advertisement