Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP please

Options
  • 06-08-2010 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

My 11 month old border collie has eaten a near full tube of Bepantham which is a nappy rash cream,,,should i be worried or not...abviously i am worried but will she be ok ..I dont think there is any thing in it as its like vaseline but?????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

She'll probably be fine but you could give her some milk to see if it reacts & makes her get sick?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Ring your vet for advice immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Please ring your vet asap to ask for their advice, we cannot advise you here what to do apart from ringing the vet.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭CreedonsDogDayc

def ring vet. You can induce vomiting by pouring salty water down her throat.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

All ok ,,,the vet said she should be fine just keep an eye on her but that there isn't anything harmful in it,,,God you really know how much you love your dog when they do something stupid like this:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭LisaO

joyce2009 wrote: »
    All ok ,,,the vet said she should be fine just keep an eye on her but that there isn't anything harmful in it,,,God you really know how much you love your dog when they do something stupid like this:D:D

:) They really know how to give you heart failure, don't they! Takes me back to when the 2 dogs we had, a lab & a border terrier, managed to open a cupboard & get our First Aid Box. Chewed their way into it & polished off a bottle of eardrops (bottle included!), packet of strepsils, tube of savlon, a few plasters & some paracetamol :eek: Cue high speed trip to vet, who used crystals of washing soda to make them throw up. 2 crystals & border terrier duly obliged. Took nearly half a box for the lab :D We were worried sick but both bounced back, none the worse!!

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

Can I just suggest that people don't automatically assume you should make the dog vomit when it has swallowed something potentially poisonous?

Sometimes it can cause more damage to vomit something caustic back up, for eg.

Always ring the vet for advice first before doing any home remedies for potential poisonings.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

LisaO wrote: »
    :) They really know how to give you heart failure, don't they! Takes me back to when the 2 dogs we had, a lab & a border terrier, managed to open a cupboard & get our First Aid Box. Chewed their way into it & polished off a bottle of eardrops (bottle included!), packet of strepsils, tube of savlon, a few plasters & some paracetamol :eek: Cue high speed trip to vet, who used crystals of washing soda to make them throw up. 2 crystals & border terrier duly obliged. Took nearly half a box for the lab :D We were worried sick but both bounced back, none the worse!!

Oh my god I can just imagine the panic:):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Ring vet and if you have any give the dog charcoal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

def ring vet. You can induce vomiting by pouring salty water down her throat.
    Not a good idea. As Ms Fifers said vomiting should never be induced until you know its safe. Some chemicals etc do more harm if theyre vomited back up and there are different protocols for all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement