Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone App & multi-tasking with Os4?

• 06-08-2010 10:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I installed OS4 on my iPhone the other night, and I expected to be able to listen to Phantom using the App whilst doing other stuff like browsing the net using Safari or checking my mails. When I press the Home button though, the app is minimised and the sound cuts out. I check the multi-tasking and the app is still running.

Is there something that still has to be done to the app to make it work with Os4 multi-tasking?

Thanks

P.S Other than that, it's a great app!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

John

You can listen to the stream in the background by going to settings and selecting listen in background.

I spoke to our app developer when iOS4 came out and he was saying that there were a number of question marks over the protocols for 4 (including the background listening - there was a specific technical reason as to why it wasn't being implemented). We have decided to wait a bit longer before adding any additional functionality for multi-tasking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Hi Brian,

Thanks very much for your reply. I know that the new multi-tasking in OS4 requires changes to the existing apps to make it work.

Last.fm and pandora released updates to their apps recently which allow it to work. I wouldn't imagine that the development effort would be too costly to allow for this essential feature.

I had to turn off the Phantom app to check mails and the news this morning :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lopex

Multi-tasking wouldn't be a problem for Apple if they didn't cripple their devices with inadequate hardware. Which they all but admit by not allowing multi-tasking on the older hardware.

Vlc Player Download

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

The Phantom FM app developer seems to be quite lazy. They haven't updated it to allow background listening for technical reasons, as stated above. However they also haven't updated the icon to suit the high-res display of the iPhone 4. I don't see a technical reason as to why they wouldn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

lalee17 wrote: »
    The Phantom FM app developer seems to be quite lazy. They haven't updated it to allow background listening for technical reasons, as stated above. However they also haven't updated the icon to suit the high-res display of the iPhone 4. I don't see a technical reason as to why they wouldn't.

Lalee, it's not a matter of being lazy we have decided not to update these features until a future time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement