Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Radio listenership figures

• 06-08-2010 11:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

I saw the recent newspaper article on Radio listenership figures for whatever, the month of July maybe.....

How are these things calculated.

Also, one thing that struck me was: the Gerry Ryan show listener figures had barely shifted at all....even though he is gone they have declined from (something like) 295k listeners to 285k listeners.....I think Kathryn Thomas is doing his slot now? I don't know...

Anyway, the point being.....you'd imagine the listener figures for this show should have collapsed, if as was said he had such a devoted following. Whats the crack there? (also interesting was that the Irish Times chose not to pass comment on this fact).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Lenny Lovett

The particular period that these JNLRs were for was ending just after G. Ryan's death so the figures wouldn't have properly reflected that... And, to be fair, the alternatives in that slot on the other stations aren't much different to what Colm and Lucy were doing - with the exception of Radio 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

The figures in the paper were for the period June 09 to July 10. Not sure if they were being compared against the last book (released in May and covering Mar 09 to Apr 10) or for the book that came out this time last year.

They are calculated by in-home face to face interviews with a representaive sample of the population (15,000 interviews annually).

More info here:
    http://www.info.ipsosmrbi.com/jnlr/methodology

Advertisement