Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French appliances

Options
  • 06-08-2010 11:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I need some help, I am shortly moving back to Ireland from France and am wondering about all my electric goods etc TV, Fridge etc is the voltage the same and is it safe for me to use them in Ireland???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 sofaking

linelin wrote: »
    I need some help, I am shortly moving back to Ireland from France and am wondering about all my electric goods etc TV, Fridge etc is the voltage the same and is it safe for me to use them in Ireland???
    Yes, same voltage and frequency in France so they are safe to use. You may want to get an adaptor for the two-pin plugs though as their sockets are different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Just cut the French plugs off and fit Irish ones.
    The voltage is exactly the same throughout the EU.
    I wouldn't suggest using heavy appliances with adaptors for extended periods.

French TVs may not be able to tune into Irish analogue television as the two systems are different. France uses SECAM while Ireland uses PAL-I

If you're watching tv via a settop box eg cable or satellite you can connect up via SCART or HDMI cable it will work fine!

French phones will work here too if you plug an Irish phone wire into them. The caller ID etc will work just fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

linelin wrote: »

COMING BACK HERE! FROM FRANCE...ARE YOU MAD, WE'RE GETTIN OUT:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

ya- cut them off alright

and fit your 3 or 13amp fuses for light/heavy appliance

those unfused europlugs can be squeezed in but it's a bad idea

Advertisement