Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooking day- what to make

Options
  • 06-08-2010 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

I am so excited that i have a full weekend ahead with no appointments or commitments or anything. That has not happened for me since about this time last year believe it or not and i plan on spending tomorro in my lovely kitchen and doing a bit cook up of loads of things for freezing and eating and enjoying!!!

So far i'm going for a banoffi pie and maybe the cheesecake from the cookery club a while back
    Lasagne
    Soup
    goulash ( also the cookery club)
    brown bread (i've been trying to make this for the last 3 weeks i've gone through about 4 recipes and none of them have been great, any suggestions would be much appreciated)

Anybody have any other suggestion, i'm actually bouncing with excitement at the weekend ahead...i'm also gonna give my house a good clean!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Do a roast on sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

There's nothing more satisfying than slow cooking a big pot of chilli.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭kikililly

You know i have half a lamb in the freezer and there is the makings of a roast lamb dinner in it. Maybe i should try that. To be honest I bought a full lamb and froze it and to date i've used all of the chops and things like that because you need only grill them to make them amazing but i've all the large cuts left over but i've never tried cooking those cuts and i'm afraid i'll ruin them.
    Also the bags aren't labelled and i'm not sure what each one contains...i know thats a bit silly but how and ever!! Maybe i should just bite the bullet and use them, how wrong can i go with a roast??

Advertisement