Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anathema - We're Here Because We're Here

Options
2»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Have to say, the sound was a bit cack in the Village and nowhere near loud enough to drown out the sound of people having deep and meaningfuls!

The gig in Belfast was a totally different setlist as Vincents voice was fecked but it was 110% better than Dublin, including the crowd and their reaction!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭lud

Nea wrote: »
    Why go and see them if you find them boring?

I call it hope....hope to experience what I always experienced at their gigs years ago, I want to relive this storm of emotions again and now they can't really move me anymore..
    It was Anathema who released The Silent Enigma and when was the last time they played anything from it? Same with other early albums, they do owe their fans to play something, if they progressed that much to cut off totally from their past they should change the name of the band.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

I think the same thing happens with the majority of bands as their music changes. Paradise Lost for instance play feck all of their first 2-3 albums anymore.

I have seen Alice Cooper 6 times in the past 20 years and there is half of his discography he fails to play, which I'm sure fans would love to hear live.

I saw Placebo last Dec and I thought they were sheeite compared to times I had seen them before but the main reason was the setlist and lack of old material on it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,836 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

It has been well known for a while they won't play tracks from their early material live. I recall the last time I saw them play live, Vincent did a mocking chest beat in response to requests for tracks off Crestfallen and Silent Enigma. I didn't like it. In saying that I would disagree that they owe their fans anything. They should play music that stimulates them, if fans don't like it tough, musicians should create music to please themselves, if fans like it then that's a bonus. I would hate a band to keep playing music that bored them to death just to appease their fanbase. Just for the record I also prefer their older stuff.

Advertisement