Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with the ICND2 Exam, not with the questions

Options
  • 06-08-2010 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭

So, yesterday I sat the ICND2 exam, which did not go so well for me embarrassingly enough.

Towards the end of the exam I had 2 questions which displayed incorrectly; one said "Complete the command in the brackets " which was followed by [] and the second had the answers displayed as something along the lines of

A: } bitmap 1234 line break {
    B: } bitmap 4567 line break {
    C: } bitmap 7891 line break {
    D: } bitmap 4321 {

I said it to the receptionists in the testing centre, who said that it was an issue with Pearson VUE, as the test provider. So I got on the phone to them to make a complaint. They have emailed me back saying that it is a Simulation issue, and it is down to Cisco, which I have sent back to them saying that I don't agree with.

I am getting onto Cisco now, but has anyone here had any experience similar to this? I have heard of the Simulators crashing during a CCIE exam, but never with an issue with the actual questions being displayed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

No, I've never seen it crash that bad.

The ICND2 is a tough exam.

I would just keep it up Pearson VUE, they are the people you paid for the Product/Service.

Think of this way, your Product was faulty, thats their problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭briano

Just an update on this, Pearson Vue passed the buck to Cisco, who were very helpful. Their policy is not to change Exam scores, but to offer a voucher to resit the exam, which is exactly what I was after.

Happy Days!

Advertisement