Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angling Gear in Aldi on Sunday

Options
  • 06-08-2010 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

Aldi have some angling gear on Sunday, 8 August.

www.aldi.ie.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Fairly limited selection. I have one of those bags though and it's great value at that price, lot's of little compartments etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Isnt that LED fishing cap an ingenious idea :)

Might get myself one of those bags. My last one, which cost a few bob actually, has seen its day.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭TimMac

great bag alright but if your rod is a 10ft two piece then it will be a tight squeeze & will eventually tear a hole in the bottom of the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Picked up the tackle bag (bit tighter than i thought but still something i needed) and the neoprene gloves couldnt go wrong for €18.98.. Didnt bother with any the rest..

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭aidanf

I have one of those caps with the led light in it that I got at a camping shop a while ago. They're the business for fishing, especially for tying knots and undoing tangles as it gets dark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

aidanf wrote: »
    I have one of those caps with the led light in it that I got at a camping shop a while ago. They're the business for fishing, especially for tying knots and undoing tangles as it gets dark.

Are they waterproof?? what happens if the cap gets wet in heavy rain??

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭aidanf

I can't speak as to the durability of the ALDI caps. But the one I have has been soaked through several times and it still works fine. I've been out fishing with it in heavy downpours with no problems.

As I said I bought it in a camping shop so it may be more suitable for outdoor use than the ones on offer at aldi. The one I have is also fleece lined and has ear covers. The ones on the aldi page don't look like they're lined.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭experimenter

I picked up a bag for my Sea Fishing kit, won't use it for Trout Fishing trips as I have my Jacket.

Overall it seems the job, I have often seen guys using toolboxes to keep their tackle, but when you have to haul one down a few fields to get to some rocky fishing spot, it can be a pain. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Slasher

Limited selection of angling gear in Aldi on Sunday 29th May.

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/offers_week22Sunday11.htm?WT.z_src=main

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

mighr grab a fly rod :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

looks like a terrible rod from the picture, and that says something. the one in Lidl sometimes, is surprisingly decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭twomeys

Ah lads forget Aldi support your local tackle shop!! :P

Aldi plastic fly rods cant be good?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

shblob wrote: »
    looks like a terrible rod from the picture, and that says something. the one in Lidl sometimes, is surprisingly decent.
    Indeed it is. I still use mine quite a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

got a 17ft carp rod in aldi 3yrs ago i think it was, anyway still goin strong use it for trolling for trout:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

17ft is that not huge?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

not really :) i use it outside a 8 ft rod when trolling, my dapping rod is 17ft too.

Advertisement