Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardai investigate aggravated burglary in Dominics Place

• 06-08-2010 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭

Waterford Gardai are investigating another aggravated burglary in the city on the house of
    elderly residents in the city.
    A house was broken into in Dominics Place sometime after 11pm.
    There remains a Garda presence in the area and house to house enquiries are being carried out today.
    Gardai are anxious to speak to anyone who was in the area, or the neighbouring estates in Rathfadden, Congress Place or Oznam Street and who may have seen anything suspicious to call them of 051 305300

Scum of the earth.

http://www.wlrfm.ie/tabId/269/itemId/3631/Gardai-investigate-aggravated-burglary-in-Dominics.aspx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Probably drug addicts looking to get their next fix :mad: , i hope one of them ends up seriously hurt for breaking into wrong house sometime , as they seem to find it so easy to break in and scare and hurt older people..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

The only response is lethal force. I'm adamant there should be a right to kill or seriously injure someone who breaks into your home. I've a 7 iron waiting for whoever chooses to invade my home...f***king scum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

jo06555 wrote: »
    Probably drug addicts looking to get their next fix :mad: , i hope one of them ends up seriously hurt for breaking into wrong house sometime , as they seem to find it so easy to break in and scare and hurt older people..

unfortuanetly i think you might be right, Hard drugs are starting to impact Waterford alot more lately. I pray we dont become like Dublin with junkies hopefully they might all end up in prisons or if they are resorting to robbing old people i hope they end up in the ground:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

I know the ladies and I mean ladies who had their house broken into here... Old and frail good people, who were subject to a beating here.. Scum is not the word.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

deisedave wrote: »
    unfortuanetly i think you might be right, Hard drugs are starting to impact Waterford alot more lately. I pray we dont become like Dublin with junkies hopefully they might all end up in prisons or if they are resorting to robbing old people i hope they end up in the ground:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

The latter is the only way they will probably stop as i fear they could or will end up killing more innocent people in their attempts to fund drug habits , heroin is killing this city in the last few years, iv heard of so many storys its no wonder crimes like this have gone up as so many scum who want to be cool and go onto higher drugs get hooked and end up doing things they never taught they would just to feed their habits .

It may not be the case in this burglary but if so many are on heroin its only a matter of time before they waste whatever income they have on it and then turn to other means to get their fix . We need to all look out for elderly neighbours as im sure they are very frightened knowing whats going on in what they remembered as bein a lovely quiet areas of city .

The sooner the better ahern stamps these new laws and some burglar gets whats coming to them , it may send out a message to anyone entering a house unlawfully as any of them going threw the justice system at the moment are not bein put off at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Patcherson

i say ****ing purge them with fire!
    a bullet in the head is the only reward for **** like this!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Manic087

Can't believe the scum that are around the city. Unbelievable. Hope everyone's ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Living in fear....honestly believe (like Paddy Barry) that what goes around...comes around...eventually:mad:

At least our politicians & Bankers and their cronies are still enjoying the good life.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mark17

A mate of mine got a council house and he done it up. he came home one
    day and caught two 15 year olds helping themselves to his cd collection. he
    bet the s**t out of them. then one of the scumbags fathers came down to
    him wanting to fight him for hitting the scumbag. he bet the father up and down the road also. he had no more trouble. it's the only way unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭sydsad

****ing scum of the earth.
    How low can you get like?

Shocking stuff.
    :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 deisemad10

I was reading an article in the sunday paper about Padraig Nally in galway who shot the travellor john ward a few years ago living in fear since then and had to install thousands of euros worth of security systems in his home since .
    But according to that article it mentioned that there has been new legislation passed about 2 months ago which basicly said something along the lines of if you are broken into and your life is in danger you then have the right defend yourself/home/family even if it means causing harm and even DEATH .So apparently you may get away with killing someone who enters your home to rob/harm you in certain circumstances from now on .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Someone was explaining it to me the other day, not sure if this is accurate but maybe someone who understands it better can fill me in.

Apparently the old system was something like if you had an intruder in the house and he wasn't blocking you making an exit then you were to use that exit and not confront them. But if they were blocking your only way out then you could defend yourself.
    The new system is more or less if there is an intruder in your house you can use whatever force is neccessary to defend yourself whether you can leave the house or not.

Would that be right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 deisemad10

Well from what i could gather from the sunday paper was if you needed to use force to get you out of that situation be it causing harm or death under certain criteria i presume ,then it is acceptable under the new legislation which i think should have always been the case ,what happen the old saying my house is my castle ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

deisedevil wrote: »
    Someone was explaining it to me the other day, not sure if this is accurate but maybe someone who understands it better can fill me in.

Apparently the old system was something like if you had an intruder in the house and he wasn't blocking you making an exit then you were to use that exit and not confront them. But if they were blocking your only way out then you could defend yourself.
    The new system is more or less if there is an intruder in your house you can use whatever force is neccessary to defend yourself whether you can leave the house or not.

Would that be right?

Yes, I think you're right. The old system was absolutely mad. Imagine that, you're in your own house and you weren't allowed to protect it. Instead you had to run away and hide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,653 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

God works in mysteroius ways.

Innocent people die everyday ie in car crashs, heart attacks etc and scumbags that do these kind of things get to live on and have good lives.

Advertisement