Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BHAA Grant Thornton Firhouse 10km 11/09/2010

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Racman

menoscemo wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm Wrong, but from the results I get:

Figs (39:44)+ Liamo (40:08)= 79:52.
    Mcmillan predicted: 81:15 therefore their actual result is 98.3% of the McMillan predicted time.

RoadRunner (34:22) + Shels4ever (51:08) = 85:30.
    Mcmillan predicted 86:47 therefore their actual result is 98.52% of the McMillan predicted time.

I Therefore declare Figs and Liamo the 2nd Annual Boards Ac 10k team champions. Congrats Lads. You can collect your trophy from Peckham at The Pacers Base (FM104 unit) just before the half marathon next week.
    stmochtas wrote: »
    Heard your name called out for a spot prize. I am sure you can pick it up at the next race.

So, if the Court of Arbitration for Sport has not overturned the result, can Figs and Liamo send me a pm so that I can send on the prize envelope.

And if Shels4ever has recovered from his disappointment at that result, he too should send me his details for one of the spot prizes.

I will post these out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Racman wrote: »
    So, if the Court of Arbitration for Sport has not overturned the result, can Figs and Liamo send me a pm so that I can send on the prize envelope.

And if Shels4ever has recovered from his disappointment at that result, he too should send me his details for one of the spot prizes.

I will post these out.

I think the results stand (Sorry RR). We didn't realise you had a prize for the best Boards team. Thanks a million!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭Peckham

Great to hear that the second running of this Boards (hijacked) race went well and served up some controversy.

Figs/Liamo - I'll bring the trophy with me to the half marathon on Saturday. Assuming one one you is going to be there, find me amongst the pacers before the race. Bring a camera and we can record the moment! Otherwise PM me and we can make alternate arrangements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

The great identity theft of "liamo123" result from Saturday has been corrected, the paperwork shows that the incorrect bhaa membership number was record in the system on the day. So he's back in 29th place.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Racman

Nice to have the water at the 6k mark. Great value for €15, even if I wasn't particularly fond of the two laps.

Two more comments.

I wonder did you take a long cut somewhere - the water was actually just after the 5k mark. Or is your Garmin unreliable?!

Our normal race entry fee is €10 - but for BHAA members. Annual membership is only €15 so if you end up doing three BHAA races in the year, you cover yourself. Not just that, but you will then be eligible for team prizes if you put a team together in accordance with the rules (same organisation or same industry). There were prizes for the first three teams (of three) in four different categories last Saturday so lots of people got prizes, in addition to the individual prizes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭figs

emerald007 wrote: »
    The great identity theft of "liamo123" result from Saturday has been corrected, the paperwork shows that the incorrect bhaa membership number was record in the system on the day. So he's back in 29th place.

It's not actually liamo123, but another Liam altogether in 29th. Glad to see the correction has been made. Tks.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭liamo123

figs wrote: »
    It's not actually liamo123, but another Liam altogether in 29th. Glad to see the correction has been made. Tks.

I wish I could run 10k in 38.28!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Seeing as the Tungman team was't mentioned, I'm afraid to ask how we did, in the same way Larry Gogan wont give out a bad score, just says 'the questions didnt suit you today':o

But how did all the teams do overall?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Aimman wrote: »
    Seeing as the Tungman team was't mentioned, I'm afraid to ask how we did, in the same way Larry Gogan wont give out a bad score, just says 'the questions didnt suit you today':o

But how did all the teams do overall?

Im afraid that was my fault Aimman. You held up your end of the deal but I unfortunately had me a bad day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

tunguska wrote: »
    Im afraid that was my fault Aimman. You held up your end of the deal but I unfortunately had me a bad day.

No worries, I was hoping for a better time myself, but I went out too fast and the second lap up the hill with the wind on the face took a bit too much out of me.

We'll get them next year. ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭sickpuppy32

delighted with my 58.5 minutes finish and for the record it was an FDNY Gaelic jersey i was wearing not a cork one!

Advertisement