Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus & LUAS ticket..

Options
  • 06-08-2010 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

is it possible to get a weekly ticket that works for both dublin bus and the luas?
    preferably one that can be used non consecutively..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

there is on that works for both you buy it from the luas machine but its consecutively

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

The full range of bus and luas tickets is listed here:

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Fares--Tickets/Tickets/2-Journey-Daily-Weekly/Bus--Luas-Tickets/

No non-consecutive version until the integrated smartcard arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You can get Dublin Bus tickets that are non-consecutive, e.g. the 3, 5 and 30 day tickets, but they won't work with Luas.

You can get a Luas Smart card and pay slightly less than the cash fare.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I have an annual card for bus and luas, but that may not be what your after either?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 suzy269

Hi Everybody!!!
    I'm French and I just settle down in Dublin and I 've bought a bus and luas 30 consecutive days ticket.
    But I don't know how does it work. I need to take the Luas and sometime the Luas and then a bus. But how can I do to valid my ticket in the Luas?

Please answer me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭líreacán

suzy269 wrote: »
    Hi Everybody!!!
    I'm French and I just settle down in Dublin and I 've bought a bus and luas 30 consecutive days ticket.
    But I don't know how does it work. I need to take the Luas and sometime the Luas and then a bus. But how can I do to valid my ticket in the Luas?

Please answer me!

Hi Suzy, welcome to Ireland!!!

You just have to use the ticket on a bus first of all. Then you just have to have it with you on the LUAS, no need to validate it on the LUAS, just on the bus!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 suzy269

Thanks a lot!!!

So, I need to take the bus, juste the first day of my 30days? not every day, isn't it?

Hi Suzy. Thats correct. Just put the ticket in the validator* on any (Dublin Bus) bus - you don't actually need to use the bus. I think a small number of shops (Luas ticket agents) also have validators.

After that, on the Luas, just carry the ticket. On the bus, use the validator.

Other tickets may have slightly different requirements.

* Dublin Bus are changing from mag-stripe (magnetic stripe) validators to contactless smart cards. Therefore, all buses have 2 validtors. You want to use the bigger, older one, which is usually closer to teh door and below the other one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Wouldn't you think they'd just phase out those old validators. They rarely work either they spit your card back out rejected or they keep it and you're left standing there like a plonker until the bus driver gets out of his hatch and rescues it for you.

They are waiting on the integrated ticket from the RPA.

• Advertisement
Advertisement