Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delay porting from Meteor to Three?

Options
  • 06-08-2010 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Hi, bought a 3pay phone last week from 3 and they are trying to port my old number over from Meteor Billpay. This started last Friday and Meteor have refused twice to port. 3 trying again today. Anybody have this problem or even know why this is happening? I'm on a one month sim card contract with Meteor BTW. Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Caro2

Hi, I have the same problem with Meteor at the moment. Bought a new phone with 3.ie almost a week ago, and was told my number would be transferred over after about two hours..
    Meteors response was that they never recieved the request from 3. Request was re submitted, and 3 days later i am still waiting !!!
    Please, has anyone any experience with this ?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

erm. got my contract at 9pm, was ported at 8am... no issues. meteor to 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,228 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Triple check are all the details correct, Your meteor account number, your phone number, if it was only you on the contract make sure that 3 have it down as a single line port, if it was coming from a meteor account that has more than one number make sure the port request is from a multi line account.
    Also make sure that meteor say you are free to port, it could be that meteor are just rejecting the ports as they haven't released your number for porting yet.

Moving your number should take no more than 24hrs. There's something wrong with the details on 3's side or meteor are not letting your go just yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭donegal lass 4

Hi,
    I had exactly the same problem a month ago, moving from meteor (payg) to 3 bill pay.
    Over the space of a week, three failed attempts at porting, each time i contacted meteor and 3, each said it was a problem on the other side.

Was getting frustrated at this stage, so contacted 3 cancellations dept, I explained that I signed up to 3 contract a week ago and my number still hadn't ported over, lady apologised and said I could cancel within 2 weeks of signing up to contract, as it was within my cooling off period.

I said I would give the porting one more try (as i still had nearly a week to cancel) , she processed it again and it went through sucessfully less than a hour after the call from cancellations.

my advice is to call 3 cancellations.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭dusty207

just to update
    i had my number ported after about a week. 3 reckoned it was because i had a multi number account with meteor and i was only porting one number. have to say that i am impressed with 3's handling of the issue. they kept on top of it all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

When I ported from Vodafone to 3 it was done in 24hrs. My brother bought a iphone when thay came out last month and he only finally got his number ported from Meteor on Wednesday last! atleast 3 weeks. He was carrying around 2 phones all the time!

In the end, they told him it was done and called him back on the number to check but he answered on his old phone! They called back 10 mins later andit was done. He got 20 euro credited to his account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I ported from O2 to Three and it was done within 3 hours :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

angel01 wrote: »
    I ported from O2 to Three and it was done within 3 hours :D

Same here i went from o2 to 3 and it took no more than 5hours :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

decided to reply to this thread rather than start a new one.

I cancelled my meteor bill pay contract 3 weeks ago. Got my phone unlocked and went into 3 on Thursday to get a pre pay sim. They said my number would be ported over that day. Since then I have been rung by 3's customer service on 7 different occasions either to tell me there was a problem porting from Meteors side or to 3 sides. If I hear one of 3's reps say to me one more time "Your number will be ported within 24 hours" I will fly over to India and kill one of them :mad:

5 days now and the number is still not ported.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

i went to three yesterday to port my number from meteor, they told it will take 24hr, got a call after 24hr, telling me they are having an issue, some technical problem, and wait another 24hr, i'll see how it goes tomorrow. My gf done the same about three weeks ago, and the porting took less than 2 hours!!

• Advertisement

akamossie wrote: »
    i went to three yesterday to port my number from meteor, they told it will take 24hr, got a call after 24hr, telling me they are having an issue, some technical problem, and wait another 24hr, i'll see how it goes tomorrow. My gf done the same about three weeks ago, and the porting took less than 2 hours!!

Hopefully it will be done today. Mine still isnt done. Its now 5 days. Bloody rediculous

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

3 have been having problems porting since Friday

well i hope they fix it soon, my meteor number is on pre pay now, and the other one is on bill, i'll give them a ring in the evening and will report back

I just rang 3 AGAIN. They said it was a problem on Meteors side. When I told the person I was talking to that I was told yesterday that the porting on Metoers side was done and that it was a 3 issue I was put on hold for 10 minutes and was then told that the porting will be completed in 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

I ported from o2 payg to 3 payg yesterday. I filled out a phone on line, and it was successfully completed about 60 minutes later - needless to say I was shocked!

i have contact three and they say porting was rejected bby meteor, so placed another request and said it should take two hours, let see after two hours :)

my number has been ported, wohooo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭IsaBrown

Been trying to get my O2 number portred to three since 20th December.

They managed to port the wrong number, my number ends 226 they ported 336.

It took 2 days to reverse that port.

Thee then tried porting the correct number but have managed to port my 226 number to someone else. I'm now without my original number that I've had for more than 10 years and someone else is receiving all my calls and texts.

Every day I phone three all they can tell me is it will be sorted asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

I've just ported from Meteor to eMobile and it went through straight away:eek:

I've just been onto Meteor again and told them i want my number ported across from eMobile (im doing this to get the free credit which is only available to new customers) but it's not gone through yet so im hoping it goes through soon.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement