Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pattern

Options
  • 06-08-2010 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

The annual Pattern is on this Sunday in St. Marys Enniscorthy so I'll be back in town for that. Is there anywhere close to the town where the family could get a bit to eat?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭'scorthy

vedwards wrote: »
    ...Is there anywhere close to the town where the family could get a bit to eat?
    There are lots of good restaurants in the Town but if you don't want to come into the town depends on which direction your coming from. Not sure if the N11 is open on the old Dublin road (maybe other boarders would help you out there) but if your on the New Ross - Waterford side I'd suggest the restaurant in the golf club run by Barry Whelan now. Plenty of parking and reports are very favourable. Inexpensive and quality is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The N11 as it was known is still open and getting good reports,can't think what it's called now-it's beside the NCT centre so maybe leave the car there and walk to the graveyard as parking will be the usual nightmare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Its Patron. A Pattern is a design on a tea-towel.
    Try the riverside, lovely food down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭vedwards

MJ23 wrote: »
    Its Patron. A Pattern is a design on a tea-towel.
    Try the riverside, lovely food down there.
    Thank you MJ23 for the correction; the term 'pattern' is a colloquialism for 'patron' but I should not have used same in text. In other areas of the Country if you said you were going to the 'Patron' they wouldn't know what you meant as it's better known as 'the blessing of graves'. If I were to use it in a press release I would have questioned my use of 'pattern' and would not make the error:
    http://www.westmeathindependent.ie/news/region/articles/2010/07/21/3998758-annual-pattern-at-brideswell-launched-/

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

The Patron is much revered tradition but ironically in some local areas an increase in crime rates coincides with the influx of visitors from UK and Irish mainland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭vedwards

Did anyone see the guy in the silver Nissan mount the curb inside the cemetery and drive over the the unmarked graves in the top corner of the graveyard because he could not get by a couple of cars that were parked there? He then got stuck and tore up the ground!
    The amazing thing is that we all stood there bemused and shocked...it took my aged Mother to give him a bit of her mind...can't beat the old folks for telling it like it is :D I was only sorry I didn't have my mobile on hand to video it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭patff

Irish people have more time and respect for the dead than the living. The attendances for Patron's, wakes, funerals beats most other events. Great craic too. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

The Patron is much revered tradition but ironically in some local areas an increase in crime rates coincides with the influx of visitors from UK and Irish mainland

Not to mention a bonanza for the local PP.

Advertisement