Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attic Lights And Fuorescent Tube

Options
  • 06-08-2010 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

I have just put up 6 single 5ft fluorescent tube lights in my attic i have each connected to the next and the first one is connected to a plug.
    My question is this.
    Is this safe to have 6 lights each connected to the next and 1 connected to a plug. At the moment i have a extension lead coming from my bedroom to the attic and when i want the lights on i take up the extension lead and plug it in.Is this safe to do this temporary,i do intend to get a electrician in next month to attach a cable to it so i have a switch for it but all that is beyond me so will my plug way be ok for now.
    Second question is.
    Can you get any energy saving 5ft
    fluorescent tubes in Dublin ones that are much cheaper to run like the light bulbs we all now use.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

mick087 wrote: »
    I have just put up 6 single 5ft fluorescent tube lights in my attic i have each connected to the next and the first one is connected to a plug.
    My question is this.
    Is this safe to have 6 lights each connected to the next and 1 connected to a plug. At the moment i have a extension lead coming from my bedroom to the attic and when i want the lights on i take up the extension lead and plug it in.Is this safe to do this temporary,i do intend to get a electrician in next month to attach a cable to it so i have a switch for it but all that is beyond me so will my plug way be ok for now.

If wired correctly, although not ideal, it would be safe as a temp set-up!

mick087 wrote: »
    Second question is.
    Can you get any energy saving 5ft fluorescent tubes in Dublin ones that are much cheaper to run like the light bulbs we all now use.

Florescent tubes are fairly efficient, that's what your energy saving light bulbs are (CFL = compact florescent light)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

i usually fit the t5 twin corrosion proof fittings

you must have a big attic

Advertisement