Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin bus no 67 to turn in Moyglare Hall housing estate

Options
  • 06-08-2010 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

Just wondering am I being a NIMBY! I don't fancy the idea of a double decker driving through the estate just to turn when it could be easily facilitated at the end of the avenue.

The main reason is that I think it will be dangerous plenty of kids play where they want to turn it. Also who pays for the wear and tear on the roads in the estate it hasn’t been handed over to the council yet so us the owners? I sure there are plenty of other reasons not to bring it all the way into the estate.

Any other Moyglare Hall residents on here? What do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

I think it's a very bad idea. The council/developer should pay for putting in a turning bay outside the estate.
    It's not a far walk from anywhere in the estate to the entrance - there's no need for the buses to be coming in, particularly to the Walk where plenty of kids play.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

The council/developer should pay for putting in a turning bay outside the estate

Ideally this would be the case, but I suspect neither the council or the developer have the funds.

Some of the €1m recently allocated by the NTA to an ill-advised project for the Kilcock Road could be used to ensure that the 67 can be extended up Moyglare Road-including provision of a suitable and safe turning area at Moyglare Hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

Yeah the developer is playing the poor mouth but he's still building houses! What's this project on the Kilcock road?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

n0brain3r wrote: »
    What's this project on the Kilcock road?

I won't derail this thread, so I have posted separately here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

I wish I had problems as soft as 'a bus might come into my estate'.

• Advertisement

gerrowadat wrote: »
    I wish I had problems as soft as 'a bus might come into my estate'.
    Wow how self centred. We all have problems buddy ;).

This one however effects more than just me. I'm concerned that the housing estate where I live is for the moment quite safe for kids to play may turn into a bus terminus/park and ride facility ruining the safe environment that exists.

There are plenty of other options for turning the bus and the latest info I have is that both the council and Dublin Bus favour driving the bus around a housing estate just to turn it not out of convenience to prospective passengers. I just wanted to get a feeling for how other residents felt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Yeah the developer is playing the poor mouth but he's still building houses!

At the management company AGM in 2008 the builder said he would be willing to talk to the council about putting in proper facilities for buses. Obviously he didn't offer to pay, but since it would help him sell more of the houses that are being built he might contribute.

I doubt there's anyone in the estate who'd prefer the buses to come in rather than turn around outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭lol5605

I think it is a good idea, it is a good aul walk down to the town, id say it would make the estate more appealing. maynooth is a fairly big commuter town these days

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

heres a question, do any of ye have a problem with bin lorrys driving through the entire estate, never mind just in and out

guil wrote: »
    heres a question, do any of ye have a problem with bin lorrys driving through the entire estate, never mind just in and out
    Nope but it's not really the same thing. The bin lorrys are only there a couple of mornings a week and don't come back every 30mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭w@ll3gurl

Nope but it's not really the same thing. The bin lorrys are only there a couple of mornings a week and don't come back every 30mins.

At least the bus won't leave smashed glass behind, like the bin lorries! does anyone find this a real big problem recently, the amount of smashed glass they leave behind? I've had one tyre burst from it, little pools of glass left over from where they load the rubbish into the truck, and the little pools are at each spot in the estate where it stops. (I don't live in Moyglare BTW)
    I try to go out and sweep it up each week. At least buses won't do this anyway.

Not sure what I'd make of the bus coming in, i don't think i'd mind, but as i said I don't know Moyglare at all TBH - and maybe it's very small and not 'open' with lots of space. But I would write to DB and council and let them know! Don't let them walk all over you.

I don't know if it's ok to drag up my old thread but I thought it better than start a new one.

The speed ramps outside the boys national school have now been replaced with bus friendly ones. AFAIK this is what was stopping Dublin Bus extending the route. Does anyone know this mean the bus is coming to Moyglare Hall?

Thanks,
    nb

Found this that would suggest it's not happening http://www.labour.ie/johnmcginley/news/13256051286404187.html

This from the Maynooth website http://www.maynooth.org/?p=17439 would suggest that it is happening unless the money came from somewhere other than the NTA :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭The Idyll Race

Found this that would suggest it's not happening http://www.labour.ie/johnmcginley/news/13256051286404187.html

This from the Maynooth website http://www.maynooth.org/?p=17439 would suggest that it is happening unless the money came from somewhere other than the NTA :confused:

In other words, it won't happen. Don't worry :)

In other words, it won't happen. Don't worry :)

I'm not against it happening I just don't like the idea of it driving around the estate just to turn! I think it would be a great addition to the estate given the fact the developer never finished the pedestrian link to the town. Just have it turn on the avenue and not in the estate.

Why upgrade the ramps if its not happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,820 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I would imagine the required works will be made part of the planning requirements for the new schools, they will *have* to have bus turning bays for them regardless and I imagine they'll want the 67 running out there for when they open also.

@myob Any idea when/if the school is going to happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,820 ✭✭✭✭L1011

@myob Any idea when/if the school is going to happen?

September 2014 apparently.

Advertisement