Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo is taboo- discuss

Options
  • 06-08-2010 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Tattoo is taboo- discuss

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

You're not funny. Discuss.

Reported as I've seen trolling on other forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'm gonna allow this one for now.

Why do you think they are 'taboo'?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

onekoolkat wrote: »
    Tattoo is taboo- discuss

Tatoos are taboo - Discuss (Fixed)

No. They previously were thought of as taboo but that is no longer the case. This can be demonstrated by the increasing acceptability of exposed tatoos in office jobs and banking/customer facing jobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 onekoolkat

Thank you Orim, i would like to agree with you and certainly things have improved. In retail is tends not to be that much a problem but anything office based seems same old same old. I did not post this thread in an attemp to be funny but for a conversation or discussion. I have a friend who struggled to get a job in his industry and he put it down to the sleeve work he had done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

I guess it depends on the office environment. I work for an american software company and a lot of staff have tattoos. If the business or company have a modern view then I think tattoos are acceptable. If they are run by older generations then I think tattoos would be taboo.

It all depends on whether you would judge another human bing by their actions or their appearance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Rebuttle: annoying questions asked on a forum about the subject are annoying.

Advertisement