Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your favourite Christmas movie?!

Options
  • 06-08-2010 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

well what is it?!

Mine would have to be Home Alone!! I love it!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Elphaba

'National Lampoons Christmas Vacation' without a doubt!

And 'Home Alone 2' comes second :)

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

You guys have impecible taste, those are my 2 favourite Christmas movies, especially National Lampoons :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Home Alone <3

I've always loved The Santa Clause too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

It's a wonderful life.
    The Santa Clause
    Miracle on 34th Street

I actually love so many Christmas movies and in the weeks before Christmas myself and the kids watch Christmas movies every weekend...:)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Die Hard is the greatest Christmas movie of all time. If you don't agree with me, I will fight you...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

A Christmas Story
    The Muppett Christmas Carol
    A Christmas Carol - with Patrick Stewart

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

any body just love the polar express:)

the santa clause 1 and 2

the snowman

die hard baby :D:D:D:D:D

obviously home 1/2 , a muppets christmas carol and a christmas carol

Polar Express is really really good. Also A Christmas Story, A Miracle on 34th Street (the original) and It's a Wonderful Life.

I see a lot of people posting Muppets Christmas Carol and Christmas Vacation. Strange because they're not considered very good at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Sentineil

Gremlins!

Every Christmas I still wish for my very own Mogwai.

Also, Hai Paul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

I saw Gremlins when I was 10.

I haven't been right since >_<

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

I would most likely say 'Its a wonderful life' (The original BW release)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bearhugs

Santa Claus the Movie, with I think Dudley Moore as the elf. Absolutely love it!

whick on e. . the one with tim allen or the original

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

the holiday
    love actually
    the santa clause
    the snowman
    its a wonderful life

Love these so much!!!

candy your doll!!! i forgot the holiday , thats my favorite film , i think its just brilliant

i dont know why but its a warm film , very well written and directed and acting in it is great :)
    i still watch it , i think jude law is great in it (man crush) and him and diaz suite each other in it .i just want another film to come like that , but they seem to take so long.im a lad and i can admit that is a good film alright :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Hey guys - some great Christmassy films being mentioned here! Who would have thought a thread like this would be so popular in August?! I expected 1 or 2 replies at the most!

Just love Christmas - gives me this warm feeling everytime i think of it!:)

I also love The Santa Clause, Miracle on 34th Street and It's A Wonderful Life

Feel free also to talk about your favourite Chrismtas songs, carols etc.! Your favourite everything to do with Christmas ha!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Spangles

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation for sure - especially the bit when they're heading out to get their Christmas tree - absolutely hilarious !

Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory (original version), always shown around Christmas - an oldie but still a goodie !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

There's a brilliant BBC Christmas family film from 1991 called 'Bernard and The Genie' which never gets shown anymore.

Love this movie, got a copy on DVD after trying for years, wouldn't part with it for anything.

Written by Richard Curtis, strars Alan Cumming and Lenny Henry. If you ever get the chance, watch it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101435/

micheal collins always reminds me of xmas . . .maybe because its always shown at 2 in the morning on tg4 :S

Spangles wrote: »
    National Lampoons Christmas Vacation for sure - especially the bit when they're heading out to get their Christmas tree - absolutely hilarious !

Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory (original version), always shown around Christmas - an oldie but still a goodie !

I've never seen National Lampoons Christmas Vacation - must put it on my list:)

• Advertisement

please do its worth it

die hard hasnt been mentioned much :rolleyes:
    or the snow man i thought that would have been a classic

A V A wrote: »
    please do its worth it

die hard hasnt been mentioned much :rolleyes:
    or the snow man i thought that would have been a classic

Also haven't seen the snowman - like i've seen the music video for walking in the air (love that song - reminds me of the an post ad!) but not the actual film

Is it just me or do they show all the best chrismtas films at really bad times during the Chrismtas season?! Or maybe it's just a bad time for me!

well ye

its 50/50 really
    they do show the films at bad times but show them at good times aswell , now i have the recording option :)

well ye

its 50/50 really
    they do show the films at bad times but show them at good times aswell , now i have the recording option :)

Yes i don't unforunately - must get the aul Sky+ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭VW 1

Surprised nobody has mentioned The Great Escape, was always great for passing a couple of hours on xmas afternoon after the dinner when everybody had gone for a nap!!

ahh but it has its downfall though , if your recording a programs thats on at 2 to half 3 on bbc 1 and then on utv another film starts at 3.10 you cant record it , you have to wait till the other is finished !!!! fcukin stupid upc, sure you can watch everything on the net now any way haha

ahh but it has its downfall though , if your recording a programs thats on at 2 to half 3 on bbc 1 and then on utv another film starts at 3.10 you cant record it , you have to wait till the other is finished !!!! fcukin stupid upc, sure you can watch everything on the net now any way haha

That's true...haha:D Perhaps if one had Sky multi-room - then one could record both films at the same time:D

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Spangles

leahyl wrote: »
    I've never seen National Lampoons Christmas Vacation - must put it on my list:)

It is a must - spot a very young Juliet Lewis playing Chevy Chase's daughter! :)

leahyl wrote: »
    That's true...haha:D Perhaps if one had Sky multi-room - then one could record both films at the same time:D

god i wsh i had the money :D that would be great !!

trying to think of other xmas films

elf with will farrel is good :)

love actually aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭salad dodger

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation gets a vote from me too.

Advertisement